My First PDA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 05:32 AM
RE: My First PDA
I had a VW Van with the stickers "Keep Church and State Separate" and "Jesus Is Lard" on the window. Someone spray painted "Love God" all over it and poured sugar in the gas tank.

What was ironic was the van was recently diagnosed with terminal engine problems, so I came out ahead in the long run.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Mentioned it a few times, but I've attended church with my religious parents (Christmas service, and only because I'm invited by my parents, so I do it to be nice).

They know I'm an atheist, and during Hymns I'll stand to be respectful, but won't sing as it's not my belief system. My step father commented the last time saying "...you can sing you know", in a bit of a jokey sort of way. I politely informed him it wasn't going to happen, and I'm only there in the first place to spend time with him and my mum.

The amount of times I've sat there listening to some blatant lies AND weird stage performances that somehow make fun of non believers is crazy, but If I crack and shout "BOLLOCKS" then my mum would probably get in trouble, so I hold it together.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
12-05-2017, 08:50 AM
I don't know how you fucking stand it.
15-05-2017, 04:08 AM
(12-05-2017 08:50 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't know how you fucking stand it.
Just posted this on another thread, but this is something I've seen in this church:

I once heard a preacher tell a story of him visiting somewhere in Africa. He said some guy wheeled up in a wheel chair and asked for his blessing. He did so, and the man...GOT UP...and RAN AWAY, saying he's been cured/healed or whatever.

Or course this guy took it as 100% true, because he BELIEVES. I had to hold in a giant cry of "BOLLOCKS", as I was surrounded by believers. Although I did have to not laugh out loud also.

I also witnessed a lengthy half hour long Anti-atheist play, which at one point, had the analogy of two turkeys on a turkey farm, and one believed in a being who cares for them (the farmer/god), and another 'Stupid' turkey who believes that they just "...went bang" and we all just appeared. Again, I had to hold in pure rage on my end, but it's for my parents to I did.

They also bang on about the "alpha course" that they run (for those who don't know what that is, it's like a bible study group...where they give you tons or mis-information and tell you how god did everything) and how Christmas is 100% Jesus's birthday...because they take everything literally lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post