My Flight (a rant)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
24-02-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: My Flight (a rant)
(24-02-2014 12:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  but..... my solution of 'doing nothing' but complaining later sure wasn't the answer. LOL

Next time you come through Colorado I'll take you shopping at our wonderful candy stores....heh...

LOL Had I had a longer lay-over I'd have looked you up. I had 20 mins to land and get to my next plane. Hobo
Just long enough to complain about PrayerLady and pee and grab a drink. LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 12:35 PM
(24-02-2014 12:20 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Next time you come through Colorado I'll take you shopping at our wonderful candy stores....heh...

LOL Had I had a longer lay-over I'd have looked you up. I had 20 mins to land and get to my next plane. Hobo

LOL might have been long enough for a Fly-By Doobie Pass...

OH, and you coulda pointed out Church Lady to me...heh heh...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-02-2014, 12:46 PM
(24-02-2014 12:35 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:20 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  LOL Had I had a longer lay-over I'd have looked you up. I had 20 mins to land and get to my next plane. Hobo

She didn't change planes. The flight I was on was headed to Pittsburgh and I had to change planes for Philly. She didn't budge. She was still flipping books back and forth on her lap when I called her BATSHIT crazy. BUT......... I did ask the little boy and yes he was switching planes too. Made sure he got off ahead of me. As well did a few other passengers who were around us. We were ALL very cognizant of the child and getting him as far from her as possible.
I wondered too how many of my fellow passengers might have been atheists since they seemed equally as disgusted with her behavior as I was. (?)

I took comfort that several adults were more concerned with the child than their own situations.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-02-2014, 12:50 PM
(24-02-2014 12:35 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:20 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  LOL Had I had a longer lay-over I'd have looked you up. I had 20 mins to land and get to my next plane. Hobo

Oh and originally I was supposed to change flights in Chicago. Last min flight change to Denver (for Philly) something about the plane in Denver being loaded with cargo headed for Philly? When I made my ticket it had my change-over in Chicago but when I printed it out the day before I left it said Denver (?) Think they just moved a few of us around so as to deliver that cargo (?)
Otherwise I'd have let you know I had a lay over in Denver.
Cool

Southwest is pretty cool airline other than completely packed-like-sardines flights.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-02-2014, 01:02 PM
I would have told her I was a satanist. Then spout some nonsense in Latin with a menacing voice. You could have cast a spell on her. That probably would have freaked her right out.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
24-02-2014, 01:50 PM
(24-02-2014 01:02 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I would have told her I was a satanist. Then spout some nonsense in Latin with a menacing voice. You could have cast a spell on her. That probably would have freaked her right out.

Yeah it's odd I didn't think of something like that. I was seriously focused on the kid beside me.

24-02-2014, 01:55 PM
(24-02-2014 11:37 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 11:01 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Ugh!
My thoughts would be to confront her with atheist debate points. No doubt it would have no impact on her viewpoint, but it would be better than listening to that praying crap for 3 hours.

Yanno - you're right, of course. I was fighting a headache. Get bad headaches when I fly. And it did cross my mind to confront her outright. But her twitching and flipping of book and book and yellow stickies and jabbering and twitching........Oh. My. God. I think I was just soooo put-off I didn't really know What to do.
Talk about being taken aback.

Here I start to think the world is evolving so dropping back to the middle ages and witch burning and "to kill the infidel is not murder" crusade type talk just....
dunno....... knocked me off my ass.

I may not be describing the scene well enough for how bad it really was.

Weeping

I did say several times while sitting there:
"You've got to be kidding me" Which no doubt she never heard for she very much lived in her own little world of prayer.
Of course, it's also easy for the rest of us to say what we would have/could have done, but it's a whole different matter when you're the one sitting by the crazy. And, when you have a kid sitting next to you too, it changes what options you might feel are best.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
26-02-2014, 11:15 AM
[Image: 20140226.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Exactly twenty years ago when I was young and had just discovered woo, my brother who is 4 years older than me was a newly born again christian. My parents drove us from the south coast of England to Bavaria on holiday. This is a trip that takes about two days.

I was bored and so pulled out a tarot deck and started looking at all the nice pictures and reading up about the symbolism. I then noticed that my brother had became two dimensional as he tried to make as much distance between himself and me by flattening himself against the car door. He begged me to put it away.

I wonder what would have happened if you had pulled out a tarot deck on that flight. They're very small and easy to carry around with you if you need to ward off the zealots.
26-02-2014, 03:54 PM
(26-02-2014 11:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Exactly twenty years ago when I was young and had just discovered woo, my brother who is 4 years older than me was a newly born again christian. My parents drove us from the south coast of England to Bavaria on holiday. This is a trip that takes about two days.

I was bored and so pulled out a tarot deck and started looking at all the nice pictures and reading up about the symbolism. I then noticed that my brother had became two dimensional as he tried to make as much distance between himself and me by flattening himself against the car door. He begged me to put it away.

I wonder what would have happened if you had pulled out a tarot deck on that flight. They're very small and easy to carry around with you if you need to ward off the zealots.
and you can get the tiny minature ones. They are pretty cool.