My Fourth Question to Christians: Is the History Important?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: My Fourth Question to Christians: Is the History Important?
I still don't know what you're getting at.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 10:06 AM
(19-03-2012 10:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I still don't know what you're getting at.

Don't worry about it. I don't feel like typing it all out.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-03-2012, 03:28 PM

(19-03-2012 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He is a corporate logo employed to cajole people into having faith in a raft of beliefs, prejudices, and behaviors, instead of being open-minded as to the opinions of others and instead of thinking for themselves.

KC Yawned at this?

This has to be one of the greatest posts here! I love the "Corporate Logo" imagry!

Funny Mark should say this too....lately the wife and i have been coming out of hibernation and hitting estate sales and antique stores. 2 weeks ago we spent an entire saturday at an Antique Mall...and what blew me away is that there is NO END to what people will put a Cross on! No doubt its as recognizable as the golden archs! Just about every item OLD, VERY OLD and New have a cross slapped across it. So much so that i started laughing.

Need to sell an old used condom? Just slap a cross on it and BAM, you'll have an instant customer faster than you can say "Sweet Baby Jesus on Fire"! I bet ole Ricky Santorum will be the 1st in line to nab one up too!
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 03:30 PM
(19-03-2012 03:28 PM)Denicio Wrote:  KC Yawned at this?

No, I yawned at his preaching to me.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
19-03-2012, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 05:04 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(19-03-2012 03:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 03:28 PM)Denicio Wrote:  KC Yawned at this?

No, I yawned at his preaching to me.

My post was a bit of a rant. I don't want you to feel lectured at or small. I just want to help you open your eyes. Let's stick to the topic. You claim to be interested in the history of the bible, so I'll take that on face value and assume you genuinely are.

I assume you have at least a superficial understanding of how the New Testament was pieced together by numerous spin-doctors, mainly anonymous, over many hundreds of years? You may not be aware it was cobbled together for one purpose....to control the people. You may not be aware there is no proven relationship between a Yeshua, who may or may not have existed, and his supposed words in the gospels. I doubt you are aware that the real inventor of Christian theology, Paul, was almost certainly a Roman government agent writing propaganda to subdue the masses.

My challenge to you is to explore these propositions for yourself. That, friend, will lead to the discovery of truth. My frustration surfaces when I see otherwise intelligent people like yourself poring over every jot and tittle of the supposed words of Christ. It upsets me to see my fellow man used by ancient propagandists and their modern contemporaries...churches.

The history, is, in fact, fascinating. What is more, it will set you free, but you need to be open to it.

ps Can you give me the link to ?Benny Hinn video?
(19-03-2012 03:28 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He is a corporate logo employed to cajole people into having faith in a raft of beliefs, prejudices, and behaviors, instead of being open-minded as to the opinions of others and instead of thinking for themselves.

KC Yawned at this?

This has to be one of the greatest posts here! I love the "Corporate Logo" imagry!

Funny Mark should say this too....lately the wife and i have been coming out of hibernation and hitting estate sales and antique stores. 2 weeks ago we spent an entire saturday at an Antique Mall...and what blew me away is that there is NO END to what people will put a Cross on! No doubt its as recognizable as the golden archs! Just about every item OLD, VERY OLD and New have a cross slapped across it. So much so that i started laughing.

Need to sell an old used condom? Just slap a cross on it and BAM, you'll have an instant customer faster than you can say "Sweet Baby Jesus on Fire"! I bet ole Ricky Santorum will be the 1st in line to nab one up too!

Haha! And what a bizarre logo a crucifix is! It is odd and rather macabre that Christians worship a crucifix, with or without Jesus nailed to it. Surely, as he was humiliated, tortured, and killed on a crucifix, it is in poor taste to advertise the fact as if it is something to be celebrated. If Jesus were somehow still alive, his stomach would turn at the sight of a crucifix.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post