My Gecko Died and I Found out via Text Message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: My Gecko Died and I Found out via Text Message
I don't know about the life expectancy of lizards but I think what matters most is that your love for Bones was positive time, well enjoyed. It can be quite a shock when we realize we will no longer get to bestow that bit of love on the precious one we've saved it especially for. I'm sorry Bones died. Undecided

Peanut Wrote:I'm analyzing the situation and exchange now and wondering if I was crying all because of a tiny little animal died or if it was due to the fact that I wasn't told and I was "taking care" of a lizard that no longer inhabited the empty shell that was his habitat for the last couple years. I was caring for a ghost.

I turned off the light for the last time (Goddamnit. Just got teary-eyed again. Damn hormones!) and sat on the couch, unable to make sense of my feelings over the loss of the non-cuddly pet I grew to love. Sadcryface

I'm not saying this to be mean or a bitch or anything but...
If I were to analyze the situation, I might see Bones as a metaphor for your relationship. Heart As I said, I'm sorry for your loss.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-03-2013, 02:35 PM
(12-03-2013 02:20 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm not saying this to be mean or a bitch or anything but...
If I were to analyze the situation, I might see Bones as a metaphor for your relationship. Heart As I said, I'm sorry for your loss.
No offense taken, Kim. I always appreciate your upfront and brutally honest opinions Wink

I cleaned out his cage a little while ago. I kept looking into the kitchen and seeing the aquarium dark and empty. It seemed like a black hole was sitting in the corner of my kitchen. The desk it was sitting on is now empty and the aquarium put away in the garage. The crickets are going to have to fend for themselves in the cold. I kinda felt bad for putting them out in the cold, too Blink

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-03-2013, 02:54 PM
[Image: 531248_2957560094399_1123403545_32069454...7629_n.jpg]

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
(12-03-2013 02:54 PM)frankiej Wrote:  [Image: 531248_2957560094399_1123403545_32069454...7629_n.jpg]
That gave me a giggle. More like an outright, loud laugh... AWESOME Thumbsup

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm glad I could be of service during such dark times.

12-03-2013, 03:14 PM
(12-03-2013 03:10 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm glad I could be of service during such dark times.
I'm really sad because I don't have his body to do the "death ritual." Exclamation

WHAT?! No. He's dead. In the garbage bin somewhere.

Jeez, I'm being really weird about his passing. (Make jokes, cry, make weird statements, get sad again...I need to learn how to grieve in a more healthy way, methinks.)

12-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Well, comedy and whisky are how I deal with sad situations Tongue

Everyone deals with things in their own way...

12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I remember my special days with my Geckos. They were of the leopard variety and were named after my real Russian parents. Goddamn it. I miss them. They were, in my young childhood, the only connection I had to the humans they were supposed to represent. I always loved watching them play and hunt crickets and even sleep. It was a pure joy to watch them just lounge around, as if they had not a care in the world.

I kinda doted on them, I only gave them the best of the best crickets I could find. I guess my mind kinda had this idea that if my parents weren't here to take care of me, I will try to take care of the pets named after them.

I'm such a weird person.

Sorry about your loss peanut.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
(12-03-2013 03:21 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I remember my special days with my Geckos. They were of the leopard variety and were named after my real Russian parents. Goddamn it. I miss them. They were, in my young childhood, the only connection I had to the humans they were supposed to represent. I always loved watching them play and hunt crickets and even sleep. It was a pure joy to watch them just lounge around, as if they had not a care in the world.

I kinda doted on them, I only gave them the best of the best crickets I could find. I guess my mind kinda had this idea that if my parents weren't here to take care of me, I will try to take care of the pets named after them.

I'm such a weird person.

Sorry about your loss peanut.

Your story broke my heart a little bit. = (
And you're NOT weird.

12-03-2013, 04:33 PM
(12-03-2013 03:20 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, comedy and whisky are how I deal with sad situations Tongue

Everyone deals with things in their own way...

I'm watching comedy right now, actually Smile
I'm contemplating getting some beer for later tonight... But I fear drunk texting/calling/emailing/POSTING in the forum in my fragile state. If I post anything weird tonight, you all will know not to take me too seriously Smile