My God Ate My Homework

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
My God Ate My Homework
I'm not making this up:

"Missouri voters overwhelmingly passed a constitutional amendment this week that will permit students to refuse school assignments that violate their religious beliefs."

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctlive...tuden.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
12-08-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: My God Ate My Homework
Does this mean no homework on Sunday?

WTH? I can see a zillion potential abuses of this and zero benefits.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-08-2012, 08:15 PM
My God Ate My Homework
Yes! Let's force those fucking Fundies to accept things that are antithetical to their worldview!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
So let me get this straight. Peeps in Misery want all the best opportunities and most highly paying jobs to go to the children of Atheists.

What's the problem?

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
So.... how would they do grading? I mean if someone objects completely to all science course things, but it's a required course, would they automatically get an "A" without having to do any work.... because I'd really hate to see people learn the information and get a "B" be considered "worse" in the class than a student objecting and potentially getting a higher grade...

It almost sounds like a way to get all evolution and science not taught in the classrooms just to make it easier.
12-08-2012, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 04:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Ultimately, no matter how protected the environment is, that children are allowed to function in, they have to face the real world some day .. the real testing requirements, SAT's, GRE's etc etc, and other forms of testing for the real world, MCAT's, LSAT's. If these people actually think they are doing these kids any favors, they can think again.
"He who laughs last, laughs best".
Some day, these kids are going to ask, "WTF ? Why were you lying to us ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
so wait kids can refuse projects. so all the believers people can be marked for culling right?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
(12-08-2012 08:24 PM)elemts Wrote:  So.... how would they do grading? I mean if someone objects completely to all science course things, but it's a required course, would they automatically get an "A" without having to do any work.... because I'd really hate to see people learn the information and get a "B" be considered "worse" in the class than a student objecting and potentially getting a higher grade...

It almost sounds like a way to get all evolution and science not taught in the classrooms just to make it easier.

Oh, just give them all trophies so their widdle egos don't get bruised and move on. Everybody's a winner, doncha know?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Do they perhaps get different assignments if they refuse the main assignment? I can see the other children protesting that it isn't right they get to refuse because it's against their religion when the rest are still required to do work. They must have to do SOMEthing, right?
12-08-2012, 11:20 PM
This is bad.
The following is a short list what they can refuse to participate in:
1 - Any science project that does not support the 6 day creation story.
2 - Any history project that does not agree with the biblical account.
3 - Any Social Studies project that does not agree with biblical ethics.

They can basically reject any and all extra-biblical science as a right.
I guess we do have to right to stay stupid, but minors in a school system do not.
It will be the parents driving the exclusions.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.