My Groundhog kills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: My Groundhog kills
(01-08-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It wasn't a dandelion. It was some other weed. I was highly disappointed.

QC made me dig it up too.

"Get that dang dandelion weed thing out of our front yard!"

Man, women just don't understand.

Yeah, I know... the thing was almost 15 feet high.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
(01-08-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It wasn't a dandelion. It was some other weed. I was highly disappointed.

QC made me dig it up too.

"Get that dang dandelion weed thing out of our front yard!"

Man, women just don't understand.

As I recall, it looked like a wild lettuce... you could have eaten it... probably would have tasted somewhat bitter and kind of stringy. I would have waited to see if it bloomed before taking it out... just out of curiosity.

Are you saying curiosity is a gender issue? Cause I'm also curious about castration. But maybe that just me. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-08-2012, 02:39 PM
If you want to talk about farming in America let's go! People go to the market and complain about the prices of meat and food. If you own to many cows the Government tells you the methane is to high. If you want to spray your fields for insects the EPA is so far up your ass you just don't do it. Then they start with the run off from the cow shit. It is very costly to run a family farm. You get hit from every end. Then they don't want to pay nothing at the grain mills. You are lucky to get $7 a bushel for corn. Well this year it is different. The corp. farms out west are in the biggest drought in a century or since the dust bowl. We got lucky and it rained just when the corn tasseled out. All of the west did not have that happen. The yields will be poor at best. I look for corn from Ohio to sell for $8-10 a bushel. We had a good winter wheat crop and soybean was fair. In fact we replanted soybean again and hope to get a 2nd crop before Oct. It's risky but the payoff is great. To get 2 crops out of the same field in one season makes the 2nd crop pure profit other than the diesel used to plant. I do know my farm. I may not be a collage boy but you couldn't make a family farm work either. We have to use our heads to save our farms. If killing rodents makes you cringe to bad!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
(01-08-2012 02:29 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Man, women just don't understand.

As I recall, it looked like a wild lettuce... you could have eaten it... probably would have tasted somewhat bitter and kind of stringy. I would have waited to see if it bloomed before taking it out... just out of curiosity.

Are you saying curiosity is a gender issue? Cause I'm also curious about castration. But maybe that just me. Dodgy

It's not a matter of curiousity, tis a matter women not understanding how cool something like a weed is that goes higher than your house!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
(01-08-2012 02:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, I have a farm...
People seem to love that groundhog that sees his shadow every 2nd of February, so that's always my reply.
I wasn't making a comment on hunting... just about groundhogs. Thumbsup

Here we don't have groundhogs but prairie dogs - cute little bastards.
[Image: 220px-Kissing_Prairie_dog_edit_3.jpg]
We let our Fox and Coyotes take care of them. Now.. if we could only get them to take care of our rabbit overpopulation problems!!

Coyotes are a problem here as well. They eat our ducks and chickens... so, my aunt got an ass - Festus. Apparently, asses hunt coyotes and stomp them to death. I had no idea.

I have a friend that owns sheep, she had a coyote problem until she did the same, she hasn't lost one lately. I guess they are a lot meaner than I gave them credit for.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
(01-08-2012 02:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, I have a farm...
People seem to love that groundhog that sees his shadow every 2nd of February, so that's always my reply.
I wasn't making a comment on hunting... just about groundhogs. Thumbsup

Here we don't have groundhogs but prairie dogs - cute little bastards.
[Image: 220px-Kissing_Prairie_dog_edit_3.jpg]
We let our Fox and Coyotes take care of them. Now.. if we could only get them to take care of our rabbit overpopulation problems!!

Coyotes are a problem here as well. They eat our ducks and chickens... so, my aunt got an ass - Festus. Apparently, asses hunt coyotes and stomp them to death. I had no idea.

Yep, most of the people with goats or sheep around here have a donkey.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Modern high velocity .22 like Stinger works well, but I like to use .223 cal. / 5.56 NATO.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
(01-08-2012 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Modern high velocity .22 like Stinger works well, but I like to use .223 cal. / 5.56 NATO.

I guess a .308 is overkill?Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I really don't know how this got sidetracked to farming. but I still love killing my Groundhogs. If anyone don't like it sorry. I LOVE to hunt. I don't care what people think about hunting. It was the only thing I learned from childhood from a father figure my uncle. I will hunt till I can no longer walk. even then I may try it in a wheelchair.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
(01-08-2012 02:50 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I really don't know how this got sidetracked to farming. but I still love killing my Groundhogs. If anyone don't like it sorry. I LOVE to hunt. I don't care what people think about hunting. It was the only thing I learned from childhood from a father figure my uncle. I will hunt till I can no longer walk. even then I may try it in a wheelchair.

My dad does it.

He's still a good shot too.

[Image: vjp09.gif]