My Imaginary God vs Your God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: My Imaginary God vs Your God
Bucky - my god turns head in the surgery station at Cedars-Sinai all the time. Just walk in any time day or night and you will see heads turning.

Kim - My imaginary god is imaginary and thus can have the equivalent effect of no god.

Bmore - as you stated, your god HAS (past tense) killed all other gods including himself. I just made mine (in the present).

DLJ - my god also has this ability. Your god has yet to do what you claim it can do. I assume it's being mysterious.

PleaseJesus - You claim your god is able to exist. My imaginary god is also able to exist, but yet chooses to remain imaginary for the time being. I make no claim that my god exists. He's purely imaginary and thus there cannot be any evidence for existence.

Beard - I can match your invisible flying super frog and add in extra sticky buns of steel.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
14-02-2013, 03:00 PM
My god is an intangible shape-shifter who can shit pastries, turn molten lava into cotton candy, and can benchpress 10,000 alpacas with a single ass cheek.
[+] 4 users Like NoSuicide4Me's post
14-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:You claim your god is able to exist. My imaginary god is also able to exist, but yet chooses to remain imaginary for the time being. I make no claim that my god exists. He's purely imaginary and thus there cannot be any evidence for existence.
Very cool. My god claims to exist but really doesn't. He/she/it is a figment of your god's imagination. The problem is, he's taking so much invective on this forum, your god is in danger of being exposed prior to the time he'd like to no longer remain imaginary. Therefore, my god can do something yours cannot and expose gods in hiding.
Also, my god can make The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, as good as Return of the King. Now that's some divine power!
14-02-2013, 03:11 PM
(14-02-2013 12:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My God, Jesus, is able to exist. Yours cannot, ever, on this forum, because my God has so arranged it that when you produce evidence for your God, no freethinker will agree with you to assert that your God exists. Smile

Except PleaseJebus you forgot to produce any evidence. ALso your god Jebus was not a god. He was a human, and one of many who, as a general honorific title, was, as a righteous MAN, who NEVER claimed divinity, (and even if he did it would in no way be equivalent, in Hebrew culture, to Yahweh, as that would refute their central tenet of monotheism). So PLEASEJebus, when are you going to go get that education ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-02-2013, 03:22 PM
(14-02-2013 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My "god" can walk onto the surgery station at Cedars-Sinai and turn heads. Your's can't. Haha.
[Image: skeptical-einstein-meme-generator-pics-o...863373.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-02-2013, 03:23 PM
My God is both a male and a female so it can forever divinely reproduce itself in glorious deistic sexual intercourse.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-02-2013, 03:27 PM
(14-02-2013 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 12:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My God, Jesus, is able to exist. Yours cannot, ever, on this forum, because my God has so arranged it that when you produce evidence for your God, no freethinker will agree with you to assert that your God exists. Smile

Except PleaseJebus you forgot to produce any evidence. ALso your god Jebus was not a god. He was a human, and one of many who, as a general honorific title, was, as a righteous MAN, who NEVER claimed divinity, (and even if he did it would in no way be equivalent, in Hebrew culture, to Yahweh, as that would refute their central tenet of monotheism). So PLEASEJebus, when are you going to go get that education ?
Oh, come on. He was obviously joking ... I think. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:Except PleaseJebus you forgot to produce any evidence. ALso your god Jebus was not a god. He was a human, and one of many who, as a general honorific title, was, as a righteous MAN, who NEVER claimed divinity, (and even if he did it would in no way be equivalent, in Hebrew culture, to Yahweh, as that would refute their central tenet of monotheism). So PLEASEJebus, when are you going to go get that education ?
I updated my god to imaginary.
I understand that modern Judaism has a central tenet of monotheism. Ancient Judaism, less so. Orthodox Seder prayers including The Father who is above. The Ruach or spirit in recognized in many synagogues. And of course, the word echad is a plural oneness word as used in Genesis 2:24 - the two shall be made one flesh.
14-02-2013, 03:42 PM
(14-02-2013 03:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I updated my god to imaginary.

YES, de-converted one on Valentine's Day.....SCORE !!!!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
14-02-2013, 03:44 PM
(14-02-2013 03:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My "god" can walk onto the surgery station at Cedars-Sinai and turn heads. Your's can't. Haha.
[Image: skeptical-einstein-meme-generator-pics-o...863373.jpg]
Did I claim something happened ? Nope, only said that it can happen, just like you did Smile