My Imaginary God vs Your God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: My Imaginary God vs Your God
Quote:Oh, come on. He was obviously joking ... I think.
Sure was. I'm trying to get into the spirit of things and lighten up. See, I just made another pun. Seriously, I'm wanting to proselytize less and shut up and learn more.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like PleaseJesus's post
14-02-2013, 04:02 PM
(14-02-2013 03:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sure was. I'm trying to get into the spirit of things and lighten up. See, I just made another pun. Seriously, I'm wanting to proselytize less and shut up and learn more.
It takes a little bit of time to get used to the humor, I suppose.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-02-2013, 10:43 PM
(14-02-2013 02:40 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...
DLJ - my god also has this ability. Your god has yet to do what you claim it can do. I assume it's being mysterious.

I prophesy that it will happen within the lifetime of my followers (i.e. me. It obviously can't happen after my brain is dead) and will come to do the deed like a thief etc. etc. but because my god has the power to do it before your can do it, then your god can never do it. My god wins!

(14-02-2013 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Also your god Jebus was not a god. He was a human, and one of many who, as a general honorific title, was, as a righteous MAN, who NEVER claimed divinity,

C'mon now Buckminster, credit where it's due, unlike his contemporary, Emp. Augustus, he didn't automatically become god upon death or like Caligula, declare himself to be a god while still alive.

No dictator, he.

At least the deification of Jebus was a form of democracy.

Just imagine it like the modern Murikan political process.... Election 325 CE.
The Orthodox party got more votes. The Anti-trinitarians, in defeat, decided to re-brand their party as The Heretics (a PR mistake if ever there was one).
The Grand Ol' Orthodoxers had a stronger propaganda machine and were more 'persuasive' in enforcing their democratically-agreed policies.

Rahn's god is only as powerful as Rahn's imagination whereas Jebus is as powerful as his millions of followers' imaginations.

Gotta say that Jebus wins that one.

If all his followers could actually agree (as per Rahn's one imagination) the Jebus-god would be much more dangerous.

Dodgy

16-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Can we add Her Pinkness to the battle against "the other God with "capital g"? Big Grin

http://www.designbypxlgirl.com/insights/...k-unicorn/

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 01:32 PM
It's an imaginary free for all, no holds barred, cage fight to the death.

Well, in this case, till whoever gets bored first and decides that living a real and fruitful life is better than an imaginary one.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-02-2013, 05:08 PM
My god has you all beat... HANDS DOWN!!!

My god has the ability to agree with whatever I think at any given time, then give me the authority to do whatever I want under the guise that this god agrees with me.

I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
17-02-2013, 11:41 AM
(16-02-2013 05:08 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  I HAVE THE POWER!!!
Heeeee-Naaaan! Evil_monster Big Grin

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
18-02-2013, 06:53 AM
(16-02-2013 05:08 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  My god has you all beat... HANDS DOWN!!!

My god has the ability to agree with whatever I think at any given time, then give me the authority to do whatever I want under the guise that this god agrees with me.

I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Your imaginary god sounds a lot like you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
[+] 1 user Likes Andrew_Njonjo's post
18-02-2013, 07:46 AM
(16-02-2013 05:08 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  I HAVE THE POWER!!!

[Image: Over9000.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I've got sunshine, even on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.
Who can make me live this way? My God... My God.
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post