My Immediate Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 10:19 AM
My Immediate Introduction
I am a moderate and abiding U.S. citizen, the sorts that inherits the original vision of keeping church and state separate which in today's America is greatly underground and scarce politically and for the most part publicly in general. My name is Matthew, which I am sure has deceived my mother's true intentions of giving me the name, as I am certain I am far from being a "gift from god" at least in the eyes of those who believe in him, but I am forever grateful to have a name regardless. My baptism was enforced when I was 7, and my personal defection came about at 16 when I stopped trying to commit suicide and focused more on my self-respect and furthermore, my education. I think in the years since I was 16, which I am 26 now I have read, heard and learned enough from almost all religions to debate them when some use it for nothing more that bigotry. It's assuring really that I have no atheist friends, it is actually quite the opposite, my entire family is either Catholic or Baptist, my fiance is Baptist and my one and only friend (it is my choice to have only one whom I have known for almost 20 years, I have yet to witness anyone else in my neck of the woods to earn the benefit of my trust.) so I am really quite a loner but the world is lovely enough to make such an existence important enough.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: My Immediate Introduction
Welcome to TTA. Hope you enjoy it here!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome, indeed.

Could you explain why it is "assuring" that you have no atheist friends? Just curious.
Thanks

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey Gift from God, glad you found us!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Have a wonderful time, but watch out for the terse and deadly one.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Welcome Smile
13-08-2012, 02:01 PM
So glad your immediate introduction was not even slightly delayed in any way. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
13-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Handing out an immediate welcome cookie *offering*
You build quite long sentences, sir!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user