My In-Laws(Easter)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 06:12 PM
My In-Laws(Easter)
So it's everyone's favorite fucking holiday. Where your "religious" family members try and act all high and mighty. So after my last religious holiday at my in laws I kind of just stay away during these types of holiday's. But have no fear the pestering in laws are here. They have been just constantly asking "Are you coming over for Easter?" and I'm just sick of it.

I'm being so nice I'm never disrespectful and I really want to bring up the point of how they force prayer when I was over last time for Christmas. Do you really think I want to be back over around these holiday's just to avoid any problems? When I had thanksgiving at my house(not 6 wks. after I bought the damn place) and they asked to pray what did I do? I allowed it because I don't force my ideals on anyone. Yet they can't do the same?

I swear it's not even about fucking religion...it's about being fucking polite. For you to force a fucking adult to do something that they don't want to is just fucking rude....Damn this ticks me the fuck off.

Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: My In-Laws(Easter)
Just tell them you're busy. That's what I do.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
03-04-2015, 08:26 PM
What cactus said. When they ask what you’re doing that is so important tell them:

a. I’m BBQing a baby and I have to marinate it continously so the meat does’t get dry.
b. I’ve converted to Judism.
c. My neighbors are coming over and we’re going to play “hide the Easter bunny”.

Have fun with it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Easter - celebrate your faith by eating ham, chocolate bunnies, and jelly beans...god loves that kinda shit. Stupid holiday (except for the candy). There isn't even any football or presents.

Tell them no thank you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-04-2015, 08:51 PM
break out the Halloween stuff and go dressed as a zombie! Yes

they'll love it!Laugh out load

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
My In-Laws(Easter)
I say go.

Then walk stiffly. Sit down like you're clenching your butt cheeks. When someone asks what's wrong, just smile slyly and say, "Guess where I hid an Easter egg!"
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
04-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Krispy:

Let the anger go, dude. If you visit their table, you silently participate albeit knowing that it makes no difference to your lack of belief.

If some sort of 'grace' is needed at your table, you can use a secular blessing or invoke the mightiest of deities, the FSM.
I would go with secular at first.

I thank my educators, family and friends for
teaching me to have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference. Dig in!

If there is an objection, my table=my blessing.

If you really want to make a statement, then go all out.
Invite a muslim, a jew or as many people with a thanksgiving tradition and have them all give their version of the blessing and don't forget the secular one for yourself. Might burst their bubble.
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
04-04-2015, 01:04 PM
To clarify, I'm not going that's already been decided. I guess I was mostly trying to vent. Lately I've been annoyed with what I've been seeing of late from the religious. The shit with Indiana, the majority of the black community I am apart of and their constant lack of logic and reason, people not understand the first freaking amendment even though its rather cut and dry, etc. (you get the jist). It just is crazy how people can't understand what should be rather simple to. I've just guess I've moved more from the camp of staying neutral to really understanding why some people are so militant against religion.
04-04-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't know, buddy, you may be letting your principles screw up good judgement. For example, if your mother-in-law is a truly great cook, I could be persuaded to say a couple "Hail Mary's" in order to eat until I felt like blowing up. Big Grin
04-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Quote:and I'm just sick of it.

Tell them "no" and tell them why. Maybe they won't ask again.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!