My Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 08:12 PM
My Intro
Hello everyone! My name is Neil. I live near Dayton, OH. I'm 50 years old. I was raised in a mildly religious family. I actually started reading the Bible while in junior high and was an Atheist before I finished high school.

I retired from the U.S. Air Force in 2010 and now work as a civilian for the Air Force. I never revealed my atheism at work because I never saw the need.

I have a BS, MS, and PhD in Computer Science with a Minor in Math.

I recently (7 Apr 2014) had a great time in Columbus, OH at the screening of The Unbelievers movie. [Image: BkqdN7ACUAAIKzV.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: My Intro
OH YEAH!!! ANOTHER POST APPROVED THE SAME MINUTE IT WAS POSTED!!! I'M FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Anyways man, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy TTA. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum, doctor!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi Doc! Glad you can join us.
Wow - hope that film makes the rounds my way - sounds like something I'd go to.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Welcome, here is your welcome seal.

[Image: Grey-Seal-Halichoerus-grypus.jpg]

Have not watched a richard dawkins related thing in months. Guess I just stopped caring about talking about being an atheist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-05-2014, 10:02 PM
(02-05-2014 08:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Welcome, here is your welcome seal.

[Image: Grey-Seal-Halichoerus-grypus.jpg]

Have not watched a richard dawkins related thing in months. Guess I just stopped caring about talking about being an atheist.

wtf is up with this seal shit?
02-05-2014, 10:51 PM
(02-05-2014 10:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  wtf is up with this seal shit?

Paleo digs seals.
It's informative - he's posted a shit ton that I've never seen.

It's no wonder people want to kill and wear them - their skin is weird and cool.
They have big ass teeth, too. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Welcome Doc.
Jump right in to the threads, don't be shy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Hello DoctorKaz.

I am new as well. This seems like a great place to meet new friends and hopefully learn a few things along the way.

~Cindy

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
03-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I've been listening to the recordings of TTA Podcasts on YouTube for several months. I can't listen live because I'm in a bowling league on Tuesday night; however, the league ended last week. So, I might listen in during the summer if I'm not golfing or doing yard work. Smile