My Introduction - Neophyte

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2017, 04:06 AM
My Introduction - Neophyte
Hello Guys

As my username suggests, "Neophyte" - Novice/ Amateur/Freshman/ Apprentice

I have been struggling/thinking on many thoughts and till now they have become so much concern to me that now I have to check if any one else is also thinking about it. And then I found this forum.

God! itself is more than an interesting concept. The more we think the more it binds us to the thinking process. Bowing

Religion and God nowadays have almost become a synonym. Politically i do feel that choosing a side is necessary, but i really feel that this concept really messes with our hard wiring of the brain and all the thinking muscles.

I have been suffering from irregular phases of theism, atheism, and spirituality.

I don't know if I can claim to be an atheist in the bookish sense. Because for me the atheist is the one who strictly does not believe in the concept of God and even the Creator but wishes to find the truth of creation by himself. He also does not show any inclination for the enquiry behind the religious and spiritual logic. He believes in the power of logic, thought and interpolation of ideas. He believes in evidence and principles of cause and effect. He believes is witnessing and experiencing himself.

As far as i am concerned, i am not the religious type. But that doesn't make me an Athiest too. I do try to find any logical justification behind religious ritual (in case there is and it can be put to use).

For me there is always a journey and many times an oscillation in search of truth. I run from the crime scene to the forensics again and again and still running. Hope with you all, we can solve these riddles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes neophyte's post
15-09-2017, 04:40 AM
RE: My Introduction - Neophyte
Welcome to TTA.

I recommend throwing out some questions in the Ask An Atheist section or better still the Philosophy section as there are many here who can help you pick apart the nuances of some the terms you've used.

(15-09-2017 04:06 AM)neophyte Wrote:  ...
the atheist is the one who strictly does not believe in the concept of God

I'm an atheist and I utterly believe in the concept of God.

Philosophy 101.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Welcome to the forum duder!

Enjoy your stay!

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
15-09-2017, 05:19 AM
Welcome!
15-09-2017, 06:04 AM
(15-09-2017 04:06 AM)neophyte Wrote:  Because for me the atheist is the one who strictly does not believe in the concept of God and even the Creator but wishes to find the truth of creation by himself. He also does not show any inclination for the enquiry behind the religious and spiritual logic. He believes in the power of logic, thought and interpolation of ideas. He believes in evidence and principles of cause and effect. He believes is witnessing and experiencing himself.

Welcome. Thumbsup

My atheism is not an attitude to start with but the result of my sceptic attitude.

The only thing i *strictly believe* in is the need for evidence before i believe any claims. I am sceptic.

Concept of god(s): A lot of em exist. I just havent seen enough data to to make me believe that any object (aka god[s]) of these concepts exists in reality.

Enquiry of spiritual and religious logic: I have investigated it and found it to be flawed.

I trust logic, based on experience.

I trust evidence, based on experience.

I do not need to "witness and experience" myself. If anyone can show me enough (quantitativley and qualitatively) evidence i will accept any proposition.

Feel free to open a new topic if any of this
1) confuses you
2) is interesting
3) you disagree with

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
15-09-2017, 06:32 AM
(15-09-2017 04:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm an atheist and I utterly believe in the concept of God.

Yeah, atheists believe in the concept of God, just not in the existence of any God or gods.

It really isn't any more complicated than that. Atheism isn't a worldview or a club. You don't even have to call yourself an atheist to be an atheist.

Welcome to the forum.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
15-09-2017, 07:15 AM
I think it's all a journey. Not a decision made lightly, but you'll know for sure when/if you ever reach that part of the path. So welcome to the forum family. I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as I do!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
15-09-2017, 07:21 AM
It is The One!

Hi.

I see you're struggling. Sorry to hear this. I am Banjo. I know no other way to be than to be direct. Please forgive this trait.

Here it is, in Aussie.

"Listen mate, it's all bullshit. They'll sell you a crazy tweet to distract you. While you're not looking all kind of ills take place. People, eh? Smile

Fuck 'em!"

Just try to live a good life. That is what people will remember. How you lived.

Nice to meet you. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello! Big Grin
15-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen anything yet that needed a god to exist, myself included.

Welcome. I too suggest you take this up in either the "ask an atheist" or the philosophy section. This section is just for "hello".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man