614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
27-09-2012, 02:27 PM
RE: My Job
Wow. I actually made a power supply once Smile when I were young and super dumb, so nowhere near as sophisticated. The kind you guys probably roll your eyes over. Can't remember what I did. Needed mains for a project. Whacked it through a rectifier, dirty great cap across it + one of them fancy little chips that gives you a constant 5 V line. Easy peasy what? I think I even did some fiddling with a mosfet and ... there was some cleverness with that... can't remember... egads that was a long time ago Tongue I miss electronics... too much fun Smile
27-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Hey, if it works it works. For a private project, a dirty rectifier circuit is fine as long as either you clean it up or your circuit can tolerate it. This junk though? There are specifications that need to be adhered to, and regulations that have to be followed, and application considerations. All of that was ignored. This power supply is a danger to any computer it's installed in, and is actually, literally, a fire hazard.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
27-09-2012, 02:39 PM
(27-09-2012 02:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Hey, if it works it works. For a private project, a dirty rectifier circuit is fine as long as either you clean it up or your circuit can tolerate it.

Yeah, that was what that fancy chip did Smile So chuffed to find it, I thought I was gonna be making my own crappy solution. Used to have all the part numbers in my head but the glory has departed...

Crazy how there's still crap on the market though, you'd think a clear winner would have emerged and everyone would standardize to that?
27-09-2012, 02:44 PM
There are a dozen highly reputable manufacturers, and maybe another dozen "ok" ones out there, selling under a few dozen brand names. The problem is that the quality of a given power supply is completely invisible to the purchaser unless a reviewer like me picks it up and tests and/or dissects it. This isn't helped by the fact that most brands maintain both a high quality power supply line, and a shit one. There are only two or three brands on the US market that sell exclusively high quality power supplies, and those tend to take advantage of their brand name to squeeze an extra $10 out of every purchase. Nothing wrong with that, but still.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.