My Maine Coon Pictures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 07:51 AM
My Maine Coon Pictures
I take it that a lot of people at TTA are cat people? Hehe..I love cats. Though I miss my dog.

Her name is Ziva. I named her after the character Ziva David from NCIS because she's a badass.

Here's a picture of her little over a month after picking her up from the breeder, let me tell you..she was not cheap. She's a purebred Maine Coon. The breeder was hesitant selling her because she knew she was going to be a beautiful cat and wanted her for shows, but she saw how me and my family really liked her and she was already climbing over us. The day we brought her home she was already playing with the toys we got her!

[Image: 6812106815_521962315d_z.jpg]

After a year

[Image: 8053524103_51cef65ced_c.jpg]

Yes, she plays with that big ball. She's basically a queen and that's actually how the label female maine coons.

[Image: 8367991207_98b3893c6b_c.jpg]

This was only relevant, had to share. Merry Mythmas!

[Image: 8264640452_2d7e1651e0_c.jpg]

This is my most latest picture of her. Did you know Maine Coons take around 5 years to reach fully grown? Typical house cats only take 1-2 years.

[Image: 14683463375_433a4b6a56_c.jpg]

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like nerwin's post
19-12-2014, 07:54 AM
RE: My Maine Coon Pictures
Shit will get real when Tart sees this. Beautiful animal; wish I wasn't allergic.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
19-12-2014, 08:54 AM
In his book Travels With Charley, John Steinbeck visits a place in Maine and talks about Coon Cats, this is the first photo I have ever seen of one. Nice photography by the way.

PS Be on the lookout for one Tartarus Sauce and one Chas, you might find them at your door after seeing this.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-12-2014, 08:58 AM
What a gorgeous cat! And beautiful pictures too Smile

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
19-12-2014, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 11:36 AM by Sam.)
My uncle has two Maine Coons... They're huge cats.

They lie on the floor and look like a pair of lions.

Very affectionate cats though...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
19-12-2014, 10:14 AM
So.. Beautiful... Must... Pet...

HeartHeartHeart

I'm allergic to my cats. Don't care, that's what drugs are for (unless I get scratched, then I break out in hives). My cat allergy isn't as severe as my allergy to horses, tree nuts, and fish.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Now we know why Egyptians worshiped cats.

Very pretty kitty!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Gorgeous kitty. They're a great breed (as cats go).

My mother in law had a chance to get one, but she turned it down. I think she's always regretted that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-12-2014, 04:40 PM
(19-12-2014 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Gorgeous kitty. They're a great breed (as cats go).

My mother in law had a chance to get one, but she turned it down. I think she's always regretted that.
Quite an interesting moggySmile
19-12-2014, 04:46 PM
(19-12-2014 09:58 AM)Sam Wrote:  My uncle has two Maine Coons... They're huge cats.

They lie on the floor and look like a pair of lions.

Very affectionate cats though...

That's been my experience too. Had a Maine coon growing up. She wanted constant attention and petting. She was such a darling. She was all orange, and the hair in her ears shot out as far as her whiskers Big Grin

Beautiful kitty, nerwin!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post