My Mom Has Been Reading My Siblings' and My Message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
My Mom Has Been Reading My Siblings' and My Message
So the other day I told my friend about my atheism (I made a post about it). I did this over text. Yesterday my mom asked me if I had anything I wanted to tell her. I told her no. She then asked if I was sure I didn't have any "big news." Again, I told her no. I started wondering if maybe this was correlated because back in December, she insinuated that she could read the messages my dad and sister sent each other. Blah blah blah, I saw her reading a conversation between people on her iPad so later I looked on it (in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have done this), and saw that she was logged into my brother's iMessage account. He has no clue how she has access to his password, but if she has it to his, she does to mine.

Which means she now knows I'm atheist. I have no clue what to do now.

Fuck this shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: My Mom Has Been Reading My Siblings' and My Message
(08-09-2013 10:05 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  So the other day I told my friend about my atheism (I made a post about it). I did this over text. Yesterday my mom asked me if I had anything I wanted to tell her. I told her no. She then asked if I was sure I didn't have any "big news." Again, I told her no. I started wondering if maybe this was correlated because back in December, she insinuated that she could read the messages my dad and sister sent each other. Blah blah blah, I saw her reading a conversation between people on her iPad so later I looked on it (in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have done this), and saw that she was logged into my brother's iMessage account. He has no clue how she has access to his password, but if she has it to his, she does to mine.

Fuck this shit.

Reading other people's mail and diary is still considered rude, right? I know it used to be. I also know it has gotten easier, so maybe it's more socially acceptable now.

If you're feeling mischievous, you could write a message to a friend saying that you and another girl both got herpes from the same guy at a party, and now you've missed a period, too. Warn the friend first. Tongue

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 6 users Like I Am's post
08-09-2013, 10:24 PM
(08-09-2013 10:14 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 10:05 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  So the other day I told my friend about my atheism (I made a post about it). I did this over text. Yesterday my mom asked me if I had anything I wanted to tell her. I told her no. She then asked if I was sure I didn't have any "big news." Again, I told her no. I started wondering if maybe this was correlated because back in December, she insinuated that she could read the messages my dad and sister sent each other. Blah blah blah, I saw her reading a conversation between people on her iPad so later I looked on it (in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have done this), and saw that she was logged into my brother's iMessage account. He has no clue how she has access to his password, but if she has it to his, she does to mine.

Fuck this shit.

Reading other people's mail and diary is still considered rude, right? I know it used to be. I also know it has gotten easier, so maybe it's more socially acceptable now.

If you're feeling mischievous, you could write a message to a friend saying that you and another girl both got herpes from the same guy at a party, and now you've missed a period, too. Warn the friend first. Tongue

I was just going to suggest this. Come up with a real doozy that would really worry her. Pregnancy is a good one to try out as 'I Am' suggests. Drugs might be a good thing to make you mother worry about, but then if she checks your email she may surprise you and place you into a treatment program.

If you were really mean, instead of suggesting it was herpes, say it was HIV, and that the guy infected you on purpose. Set up the scenario by bringing up a new boyfriend --play it out for a few weeks, that you've been seeing him secretly and hiding him from your parents. Maybe this guy is in a gang. Have some fun with it Smile
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
08-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Consider

Well the two suggestions above are certainly creative when it comes to the 'confidentiality' part of the problem.

But they don't really address the issue of 'outness'.

SB,
When your mum asked you if there was anything you hadn't told her, what was her mood?

08-09-2013, 10:44 PM
(08-09-2013 10:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

Well the two suggestions above are certainly creative when it comes to the 'confidentiality' part of the problem.

SB,
When your mum asked you if there was anything you hadn't told her, what was her mood?

Your posts always focus on the practical, DLJ Smile

But good point--I was so focused on how much fun there was to have with a snooping mom. Are your parents really religious where this would have a big affect on your relationship with them? If your mom already knows, she hasn't decided to hold a religious intervention, so despite the privacy invasion, she has not tried to reconvert you, has she?
08-09-2013, 10:45 PM

SB,

It was just this sort of "I know something you don't know I know" type mood. She wasn't particularly angry but in 8th grade she figured out I was atheist (though at the time I considered myself agnostic and not atheist) and it was horrible. Part of the reason she might have been somewhat indifferent might be because if she admitted she knew something or was too obvious about knowing something, she would have to admit to having read my messages.

And I'm also seriously considering texting a friend of mine "Dre'quan wants me to abort the baby. I think I'm going to do it. If only I could take care of the herpes as easily." She's incredibly conservative and racist so she would flip.
[+] 6 users Like southernbelle's post
08-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Well,i think her reaction won't be as bad as 8th grade,because she already got time to think about atheism/agnosticism

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-09-2013, 10:51 PM
(08-09-2013 10:44 PM)BryanS Wrote:  

SB,

Your posts always focus on the practical, DLJ Smile

But good point--I was so focused on how much fun there was to have with a snooping mom. Are your parents really religious where this would have a big affect on your relationship with them? If your mom already knows, she hasn't decided to hold a religious intervention, so despite the privacy invasion, she has not tried to reconvert you, has she?

My mom is incredibly religious. She's talked about how it's impossible for atheists to have morals and that in general we're just incredibly sad, hateful people. In 8th grade I kept asking her a ton of questions about Christianity and she eventually figured out I didn't believe and told me I couldn't have morals and told me I was horrible for thinking that my grandma was actually dead and not in heaven. She essentially called me an idiot numerous times and I was forced to go to church and youth groups on a weekly basis. Eventually I let her believe I had converted back to Christianity.
08-09-2013, 10:55 PM
(08-09-2013 10:51 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well,i think her reaction won't be as bad as 8th grade,because she already got time to think about atheism/agnosticism

That's what my atheist friend told me, and I really hope y'all are right. Then again ahe might just wave it off as my dad (Who she hates) trying to negatively influence me and tear me away from her and God. I think I'm just going to wait until she says something though. I don't want to have to face this issue before I have to.
08-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Hug

That's all I know.Undecided

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco