My Mormon boyfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2014, 10:05 PM
My Mormon boyfriend
He was moving my car, my iphone was inside and my Bluetooth picked up latest show (the fossil show) I was listening to. He nearly had a heart attack when he heard about the Unholy Trinity Tour. Then he spent the rest of the day blasting me with questions such as "Do you really think you are coming from a monkey?" and "Aren't you concerned that you will burn in hell?"
I never mock his magic underwear beliefs and it was very annoying to hear him bitching about it for hours. He is not willing to hear any arguments so I tuned him out.
He is saying that the earth is 6,000 years old meanwhile he is burning fossil fuel in his not so fuel efficient car.
On the bright side, he is now looking to buying an EV after witnessing how much better gas mileage my car gets.
My dream is that we will move away from fossil fuel and legalize pot. So then we don't need to buy any more oil from Middle East and people don't need to get on other drugs. Then they can't have us by our balls because they can supply oil and drugs to the states because we don't need them anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Elenambass's post
19-06-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: My Mormon boyfriend
The next time he says anything about monkeys in this context, tell him that it was apes we came from, not monkeys. Poke holes in every one of his scientific misunderstandings.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
19-06-2014, 10:40 PM
we are apes

Unsure

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
19-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I am a great ape thank you. NOT a monkey.
[+] 7 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
19-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I am a meat popsicle! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
19-06-2014, 11:42 PM
(19-06-2014 10:24 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  The next time he says anything about monkeys in this context, tell him that it was apes we came from, not monkeys.
We didn't come from apes, we are smart and not so hairy apes.
19-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Quote: "Do you really think you are coming from a monkey?" and "Aren't you concerned that you will burn in hell?"

He's an idiot. I hope for your sake he has at least one redeeming quality.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
20-06-2014, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 12:06 AM by kim.)
Man, I only wish I was a monkey. Shy

So Elenambass, what will you do with this boyfriend if he keeps badgering you in such an annoying and oddly demanding way? Now that he knows what you're into, do you think he will really lay it on and try to make you wear magic underwear or worse... try to make you become a Mormon?

Oh yea... Welcome to the forum. Smile

I read the thread title as My Moron boyfriend. That may become relevant, in retrospect.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
20-06-2014, 12:20 AM
I thought we just shared a common ancestor with the other primates.
20-06-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 07:36 AM by DLJ.)
Welcome to the forum.

I hate to judge someone so early in a relationship but you and me... we agree!

And you're too good for him.

There, I said it.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post