My Mormon boyfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: My Mormon boyfriend
He is moving out tomorrow. I was busy with writing papers and he was busy cheating on me. Way to go!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Elenambass's post
23-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Be sure to butter the door jamb so he can just swoosh right on out. Wouldn't want to have anything stand in his way of your freedom.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
23-08-2014, 10:40 PM
(25-06-2014 10:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 10:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  That doesn't even follow. Consider

We are not monkeys; we have a common ancestor with monkeys.

No we are. No different then we are vertebrates. You never grow out of your evolutionary ancestry. We do however share common ancestors with the monkeys today. The problem is that when I say monkey people think of this:

No, we aren't. If we 'never grow out of ..." then we're reptiles and amphibians and fish and ...

See how that doesn't work? Consider It's not a useful concept.

Besides, we were never monkeys, we and monkeys were something then we diverged and some became monkeys and others became humans (and all the other apes).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 11:05 PM
(19-06-2014 10:24 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  The next time he says anything about monkeys in this context, tell him that it was apes we came from, not monkeys. Poke holes in every one of his scientific misunderstandings.

AronRa would disagree...

Basically, if you never outgrow your heritage (i.e. Humans are both Apes and Mammals), then if our ancestry can be drawn back to a monkey; we are still monkeys. He argues how the current distinction is kinda arbitrary and doesn't really stand up, and that humans are still monkeys in the same way we are still apes, mammals, and tetrapod vertebrates.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-08-2014, 11:09 PM
(23-08-2014 10:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 10:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No we are. No different then we are vertebrates. You never grow out of your evolutionary ancestry. We do however share common ancestors with the monkeys today. The problem is that when I say monkey people think of this:

No, we aren't. If we 'never grow out of ..." then we're reptiles and amphibians and fish and ...

Besides, we were never monkeys, we and monkeys were something then we diverged and some became monkeys and others became humans (and all the other apes).

Our ancestors were never modern 'reptiles', modern fish, or modern amphibians. You're misconstruing common terms with specific taxonomic classifications.

24-08-2014, 12:05 AM
(23-08-2014 07:50 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  He is moving out tomorrow. I was busy with writing papers and he was busy cheating on me. Way to go!

Sorry Sad That sucks. What an asshole.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-08-2014, 12:07 AM
(24-08-2014 12:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 07:50 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  He is moving out tomorrow. I was busy with writing papers and he was busy cheating on me. Way to go!

Sorry Sad That sucks. What an asshole.

Yeah, I mean he was jumping the gun a bit on that whole polygamy thing... Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2014, 07:45 AM
(23-08-2014 11:09 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 10:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, we aren't. If we 'never grow out of ..." then we're reptiles and amphibians and fish and ...

Our ancestors were never modern 'reptiles', modern fish, or modern amphibians. You're misconstruing common terms with specific taxonomic classifications.

Only on this forum could a thread about high school esq drama break out into a debate about evolutionary classifications.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-08-2014, 07:51 AM
(24-08-2014 12:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry Sad That sucks. What an asshole.

Yeah, I mean he was jumping the gun a bit on that whole polygamy thing... Rolleyes

I bet the church elders would be interested in his ~naughty~ behaviors. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
24-08-2014, 08:05 AM
(23-08-2014 11:05 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 10:24 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  The next time he says anything about monkeys in this context, tell him that it was apes we came from, not monkeys. Poke holes in every one of his scientific misunderstandings.

AronRa would disagree...

Basically, if you never outgrow your heritage (i.e. Humans are both Apes and Mammals), then if our ancestry can be drawn back to a monkey; we are still monkeys. He argues how the current distinction is kinda arbitrary and doesn't really stand up, and that humans are still monkeys in the same way we are still apes, mammals, and tetrapod vertebrates.

You are conflating 'heritage' with classification. They are not the same.

Our common ancestor with monkeys was not a monkey.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user