My Mormon boyfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: My Mormon boyfriend
I'm going to get a pet monkey and name him Adam. I wonder if I can find one that was born with one missing rib. Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm really disappointed this thread turned into an argument over monkeys. There were so many missed opportunities to post sexy Mormon underwear. Tongue

OP, Be glad you dodged a bullet and didn't end up married to that loser:

[Image: 631cca6a92ca3a5a4b64c7fe3e133524abb6d2b4...0664e0.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
25-08-2014, 12:33 AM
(24-08-2014 06:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 06:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  What happen to aegyptopithecus? That was a monkey with traits of apes. What about proconsul? That ape still had traits like that of monkeys. Not only is there genetic evidence we are monkeys, but fossil evidence too. Not to mention apidium, a monkey that was like a combination of new world monkeys and catarrhini primates. I mean take a look at aegyptopithecus

[Image: Aegyptopithecus_NT.jpg]

[Image: aegyptopithecus.jpg]

To make it worst aegyptopithecus appears before both old world monkeys and apes.

Aegyptopithecus appeared in the late eocene and disappeared in the early oligocene. Apes appeared in the late oligocene.

So not only is aegyptopithecus a monkey with ape traits, it appeared before the first ape even evolved. Seems like the lineage that stared apes was a monkey.

All apes are monkeys. Humans, chimps, Australopithecus, Paranthropus boisei, gorillas etc are monkeys.

As I have said, and will continue to say, no. We are not monkeys - we have a common ancestor with monkeys. You are simply declaring that common ancestor to be a monkey.

What is the purpose of doing so? Consider

For the same reason that Aves are still Dinosaurs, and they are all still diapsids.

Wikipedia Wrote:Diapsids ("two arches") are a group of tetrapods that developed two holes (temporal fenestra) in each side of their skulls about 300 million years ago during the late Carboniferous period. Living diapsids are extremely diverse, and include all crocodiles, lizards, snakes, tuataras, and birds. Although some diapsids have lost either one hole (lizards), or both holes (snakes), or have a heavily restructured skull (modern birds), they are still classified as diapsids based on their ancestry. At least 7,925 species of diapsid reptiles exist in environments around the world today (nearly 18,000 when birds are included).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diapsid

Just because we no longer have tails, doesn't mean we stopped being monkeys, and for the same reason that snakes and whales are still tetrapods.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Semantics?

or

Simian antics?

You decide.

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Whelp only 1 way to settle this now.

[Image: Mad-Max-Beyond-Thunderdome-02-1024x426.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-08-2014, 02:11 AM
(25-08-2014 01:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Semantics?

or

Simian antics?

You decide.

Consider

Fuck, do I miss Time Splitters...

[Image: timesplitters-monkey.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2014, 06:58 AM
(25-08-2014 02:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 01:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Semantics?

or

Simian antics?

You decide.

Consider

Fuck, do I miss Time Splitters...

[Image: timesplitters-monkey.jpg]

Timesplitters was the BOMB.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
25-08-2014, 08:25 AM
First off your boyfriend sounds like a bit of an asshole, or at the very least childish. If you have agreed not to discuss religion then it should go both ways.

Second there is this thing call "staying on topic". Keep your mormon boyfriend about your mormon boyfriend and avoid veering off to talk about Middle Eastern oil and pot legalization.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
25-08-2014, 09:08 AM
(25-08-2014 08:25 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Second there is this thing call "staying on topic". Keep your mormon boyfriend about your mormon boyfriend and avoid veering off to talk about Middle Eastern oil and pot legalization.

Um, Doucheski? She posted on topic throughout. I think you're gonna need an enema to get that sand out your ass. Why the fuck do you put it in there anyway?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-08-2014, 11:03 AM
(25-08-2014 12:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 06:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  As I have said, and will continue to say, no. We are not monkeys - we have a common ancestor with monkeys. You are simply declaring that common ancestor to be a monkey.

What is the purpose of doing so? Consider

For the same reason that Aves are still Dinosaurs, and they are all still diapsids.

And the reason is ... ?

Quote:Just because we no longer have tails, doesn't mean we stopped being monkeys, and for the same reason that snakes and whales are still tetrapods.

No, no, and no. 'Tetrapod' is a broad class of animals with a common ancestor - there is no confusion over names.

'Monkey' is specific to a a subset of species that are descended from an ancestor common to modern monkeys and apes. The point is that the terminology you are insisting on is confusing.

Calling ancient species by modern names just leads to confusion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user