My Neck of the Woods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM

My Neck of the Woods
Here's my contribution to world news:

Sheriff's Office reports include the following:

-A mailbox on Timberview Circle was shot sometime over the weekend.

-A woman got a suspicious text message from someone she didn't know. She thought the message may have had something to do with a drug sale.

-A very large bear got into a freezer in a garage on Nordic Lane and ate some of the food in it around 9 p.m. The bear, which was not a grizzly, was gone when authorities arrived.

What can I say ... it's a jungle out here. Good thing I'm street savvy.
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
RE: My Neck of the Woods
lol!

That poor mailbox! Tongue

But I can't say too much. The worst we've got here are street racers being rowdy at nighttime. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Neighbor had a skunk in his garbage last night. I shot a skunk today. Hope it was the same one.

Thats it for news round here.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 10:50 PM

We just finished up Hurricane Kompasu, cleaned up post, and then South Korea entered bilateral talks with North Korea (which is strange considering the sinking of the Cheonan). But North Korea is largely underwater after the storm, and South Korea has been sending rice and financial aid to their Northern Brothers.

It's interesting, because while we in the west largely see North and South Korea as two separate countries, Koreans still (largely) see them as one country. Just one country unfortunately separated by differing forms of government.

South Koreans (the many that I work with) never refer to North Korea as North Korea. Instead, they refer to it by provinces, jsut as south Korea is divided. They pay no real attnetion to the dividing line as far as that is concerned.

One of my KATUSA's (Korean Augmentee to the United States Army) said his family's house was flooded in (unpronounceable to me) province. I asked him where that was and he said "About two hours north".

I'm 30 minutes from DMZ.
04-09-2010, 07:31 AM

Yes, it's been my understanding that despite the vast gulf of political differences between North and South Korea, the people don't feel the same as the politicians because they each have family and friends on the "other side". Unfortunately, the stakes in the political game remain high and the North Korean "leadership" is not very appealing ...
04-09-2010, 02:25 PM
"peace talks".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2010, 02:58 PM

(04-09-2010 02:25 PM)shiranl Wrote:  "peace talks".

I know, it's been 50 years of peace talks....

But the incidents between them that could have spurred war over the years are hugs. Sinking of ships, people defecting, nuclear armament, launch tests into the Yellow Sea...and no one has gone to war over it....yet
04-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Im not sure if I remember right, but didnt North Korea sign an agreement with the US about the US giving food help to North Korea if they stop their nuclear programs (that Kim Jong asshole managed to fudge things up so bad that 400thousand north koreans starved to death)?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
04-09-2010, 03:19 PM

(04-09-2010 03:08 PM)Kikko Wrote:  Im not sure if I remember right, but didnt North Korea sign an agreement with the US about the US giving food help to North Korea if they stop their nuclear programs (that Kim Jong asshole managed to fudge things up so bad that 400thousand north koreans starved to death)?

I don't think it ever went through. Besides, South Korea sends most of the aid through the United Nations.
17-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Gainesville Fl. minister to be charged $180,000 for security,by police and emergency services, during Quran burning abortion....