My Neck of the Woods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2010, 06:12 PM

RE: My Neck of the Woods
(23-10-2010 05:11 PM)No J. Wrote:  In the town that I grew up in, and where my parents, sister and brother-in-law live, the present mayor is running for re-election. Nothing unusual there, until you learn that he has been caught shoplifting at a local hardware store, he has been driven home at least twice by the police when he was caught drinking and driving (no charges have been laid) and he is the prime suspect in a murder case involving the shooting of his wife a few months ago. Huh
Sounds like what happens here, with attorneys, politicians and the like. The rest of us get run up the rail to prove the justice system is fair and impartial. While special people like those mentioned are privileged to what is called, "selective enforcement" of the law.

I have to say though, none of our politicians are as shady as your Mayor appears to be. That sounds like something straight out of a movie. If he's re-elected, you have to let us know. (So we don't move to your town. Wink )
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2010, 02:57 AM
(23-10-2010 06:12 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(23-10-2010 05:11 PM)No J. Wrote:  In the town that I grew up in, and where my parents, sister and brother-in-law live, the present mayor is running for re-election. Nothing unusual there, until you learn that he has been caught shoplifting at a local hardware store, he has been driven home at least twice by the police when he was caught drinking and driving (no charges have been laid) and he is the prime suspect in a murder case involving the shooting of his wife a few months ago. Huh
Sounds like what happens here, with attorneys, politicians and the like. The rest of us get run up the rail to prove the justice system is fair and impartial. While special people like those mentioned are privileged to what is called, "selective enforcement" of the law.

I have to say though, none of our politicians are as shady as your Mayor appears to be. That sounds like something straight out of a movie. If he's re-elected, you have to let us know. (So we don't move to your town. Wink )

That mayor is gone. He only got about 250 votes out of a turnout of over 3,500 votes. I am surprized that he got that many.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
(22-10-2010 04:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  So my neighbor across the street, whom I don't really know, owns a jewelry store in a not-so-nice part of Philadelphia. Yesterday at 11 AM 2 men came in and pointed guns at his two employees and demanded I guess all the jewelry and money. He was in the back. He grabs his gun and comes out shooting. He shoots, and kills, one of the men - a 22 year old con who had (so I hear but have not confirmed) escaped from a Philadelphia jail about 10 days ago. The second, as of yet unidentified man, shot and killed him.

My street has been flooded with cops and news vehicles a good chunk of the day. What a tragedy.

Like I said, I really didn't know him. I've been here 2 years and my neighbors are a mix of people with young families and people who's kids are pretty much grown and out of the house. He was the latter and was 67 with grown kids and lived in the house with his wife. I sort of know her because she likes to come and say "hi" to my dog when I'm out with her but I think I met him once. And now I guess I never will.

On a side note, I think he was really stupid to come out shooting like that. He not only got himself killed but could have gotten his employees killed too. What an absolute tragedy and waste.

So, they caught the guy who who murdered my neighbor. Hopefully his family finds some peace from that. Still a tragedy and a waste.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply