My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(24-05-2015 07:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Currently watching History of the Eagles.

Now, I did always like their music, but never thought much about them...I've gotta say this documentary is just awesome!

If you do watch it on Netflix, it's a two part thing, but you have wait until the end of the credits of the first part, to see the second part. Otherwise it shows you've got an hour left. Smile

There are worst ways of wasting three hours.

Also watched The Last Waltz. Directed by Martin Scorsese, and filmed at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, it's really an interesting look at The Band.

Netflix initially had the audio fucked up. Interview footage was silent. Facepalm Happy to report that's been fixed.

Fantastic apperences with Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Neil Young, Eric Clapton....

Just a classic. Smile

I enjoyed History of the Eagles so much I have watched it twice.

Until last night I hadn't been on Netflix in months and didn't see a damn thing I wanted to watch. So, I went back to listening to podcasts and today I watched The Big Chill on DVD, I love that movie. Guess I will dig out more old DVDs in the days to come, I needed a M*A*S*H break.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2015, 07:53 PM
(24-05-2015 07:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Currently watching History of the Eagles.

Now, I did always like their music, but never thought much about them...I've gotta say this documentary is just awesome!

If you do watch it on Netflix, it's a two part thing, but you have wait until the end of the credits of the first part, to see the second part. Otherwise it shows you've got an hour left. Smile

There are worst ways of wasting three hours.

Also watched The Last Waltz. Directed by Martin Scorsese, and filmed at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, it's really an interesting look at The Band.

Netflix initially had the audio fucked up. Interview footage was silent. Facepalm Happy to report that's been fixed.

Fantastic apperences with Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Neil Young, Eric Clapton....

Just a classic. Smile

I enjoyed History of the Eagles so much I have watched it twice.

Until last night I hadn't been on Netflix in months and didn't see a damn thing I wanted to watch. So, I went back to listening to podcasts and today I watched The Big Chill on DVD, I love that movie. Guess I will dig out more old DVDs in the days to come, I needed a M*A*S*H break.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the Eagles. Like I said I loved their music, it's part of my soundtrack, but I never really thought much about them as a band. Lol. This was fascinating.

The Big Chill was a great movie -- it was streaming recently. Smile

They also have a documentary on Rush, so maybe I'll watch that next. I've got the surround sound going, so if I can't find something else worthy I might just watch the Wall or the Grateful Dead movie.

Oh, the Bob Weir documentary that was produced by Netflix is really well done. Even if you don't care for the Dead.

Meanwhile I did cheat on Netflix, with amazon prime, yesterday and watched a great documentary on the Beatles. Smile It about their music from 1966 (rubber soul) until the end in 1970 (Abby Road).

Husband is enjoying a Ken Burns documentary on the Rossevelts, he says is interesting. Smile

Haven't watched M*A*S*H (I assume you mean the tv show) since it started streaming, I've seen all the episodes so many times as a kid. I might watch it once they all the seasons (they only have up through half the 11th season). I would really like to watch the series finale again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2015, 08:04 PM
(24-05-2015 07:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I enjoyed History of the Eagles so much I have watched it twice.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the Eagles. Like I said I loved their music, it's part of my soundtrack, but I never really thought much about them as a band. Lol. This was fascinating.

The Big Chill was a great movie -- it was streaming recently. Smile

They also have a documentary on Rush, so maybe I'll watch that next. I've got the surround sound going, so if I can't find something else worthy I might just watch the Wall or the Grateful Dead movie.

Oh, the Bob Weir documentary that was produced by Netflix is really well done. Even if you don't care for the Dead.

Meanwhile I did cheat on Netflix, with amazon prime, yesterday and watched a great documentary on the Beatles. Smile It about their music from 1966 (rubber soul) until the end in 1970 (Abby Road).

Husband is enjoying a Ken Burns documentary on the Rossevelts, he says is interesting. Smile

Haven't watched M*A*S*H (I assume you mean the tv show) since it started streaming, I've seen all the episodes so many times as a kid. I might watch it once they all the seasons (they only have up through half the 11th season). I would really like to watch the series finale again.

A couple months ago I bought the whole M*A*S*H collection, complete with the movie and two special feature DVD. You forget how many episodes used to be in a season, not like today when there are about ten but there were often over twenty, so watching the whole thing is quite an undertaking; but I like it a lot. Though I watched reruns over the years, there are some episodes I missed along the way. It also interesting to see them later and with different perspective.

I was never a huge Rush fan, they were okay and I feel the same about the Dead...but I may give those a try. Netflix has had several Marley documentaries and there is one I really liked better than the others, I may see if it's still available. I often watch the documentaries about bands.

And damn it, I always forget that I have Amazon Prime...I think I have watched one thing on there. Undecided

The Big Chill is awesome...both the movie and the soundtrack.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Tonight's (not so) randomly chosen movie for tonight is Left Behind with Nick Cage.

Should be fun and I'll update later with how long I lasted.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-07-2015, 07:06 PM
^That sounds torturous. I think I'll have to pass on that one. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-07-2015, 07:12 PM
(14-07-2015 06:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Tonight's (not so) randomly chosen movie for tonight is Left Behind with Nick Cage.

Actually we watched that a few weeks ago...it's exactly as bad as you'd expect.

We've been watching "Derek" with Ricky Gervais. I'd recommend it. It's hilarious but every episode gives you a lump in your throat as well. Just an all around feel good show.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
14-07-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-07-2015 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 06:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Tonight's (not so) randomly chosen movie for tonight is Left Behind with Nick Cage.

We've been watching "Derek" with Ricky Gervais. I'd recommend it. It's hilarious but every episode gives you a lump in your throat as well. Just an all around feel good show.

I love Derek soooo much!! Heart enjoy it while it lasts, I don't think there will be any more episodes than Netflix already has Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
14-07-2015, 07:39 PM
I hear so many good things about derek, I should watch too once I am done GOT
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
14-07-2015, 08:08 PM
(14-07-2015 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

I'll admit, I've been avoiding Derek, because of the feels. Shy

I think I'm too emotional to handle it.

In other Netflix news, yes I get DVD rentals from them, I rented Maleficent. Now when I was a kid that character scared the crap out of me. I thought she was like the devil or something.

I hope I don't get scared. Weeping

14-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Well, I watched exactly 15 minutes and a few seconds of left behind.

The acting or maybe script was just too terrible for words. Facepalm

So....I began watching the movie Scoop.

Far more enjoyable. It's a zany screwball thing -- and I enjoyed it. Smile