My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 08:56 AM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
ill sum up those two shows with two words: sexual tension. a bunch of terrible actors and actresses (terribly attractive too) standing around whining at eachother about some interesting sounding event that they're trying to prevent from happening. or trying to make happen, if theyre bad guys. its all talk, talk, talk. once in a a while they'll say something vampirish/story bookish. im just like ''OH FOR SHITS SAKE! JUST FUCK EACHOTHER ALREADY!''. Sorry, i had to rant...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
16-05-2016, 09:31 AM
(16-05-2016 08:56 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ill sum up those two shows with two words: sexual tension. a bunch of terrible actors and actresses (terribly attractive too) standing around whining at eachother about some interesting sounding event that they're trying to prevent from happening. or trying to make happen, if theyre bad guys. its all talk, talk, talk. once in a a while they'll say something vampirish/story bookish. im just like ''OH FOR SHITS SAKE! JUST FUCK EACHOTHER ALREADY!''. Sorry, i had to rant...

Oh wow..I've seen Once Upon a Time, I actually enjoyed the first season, but became really bored with it.

Happily the other shows...I've never paid attention to.

I did rent the Twilight movies for shits and giggles. They were as expected hilariously awful.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-05-2016, 09:35 AM
(16-05-2016 09:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 08:56 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ill sum up those two shows with two words: sexual tension. a bunch of terrible actors and actresses (terribly attractive too) standing around whining at eachother about some interesting sounding event that they're trying to prevent from happening. or trying to make happen, if theyre bad guys. its all talk, talk, talk. once in a a while they'll say something vampirish/story bookish. im just like ''OH FOR SHITS SAKE! JUST FUCK EACHOTHER ALREADY!''. Sorry, i had to rant...

Oh wow..I've seen Once Upon a Time, I actually enjoyed the first season, but became really bored with it.

Happily the other shows...I've never paid attention to.

I did rent the Twilight movies for shits and giggles. They were as expected hilariously awful.

i saw the the first one. still better than vampire diaries...
19-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Watching the movie Always with Richard Dreyfuss and Audrey Hepburn.

I'm crying.

20-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Always turned into a "woo" filled piece of shit.

But tonight since my man was out, I watched...

Things We Lost in the Fire -- which totally did make me cry.

29-05-2016, 06:45 AM
I started watching the CNN series 'The Sixties' last night. I am really enjoying it. I was 2-1/2 when the sixties started so I am aware of the headline events. This series is full of newsreels and interviews. I will be watching 'The Seventies' after I am done with this.

The Sixties - so far- 9/10 Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2016, 11:05 AM
(29-05-2016 06:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I started watching the CNN series 'The Sixties' last night. I am really enjoying it. I was 2-1/2 when the sixties started so I am aware of the headline events. This series is full of newsreels and interviews. I will be watching 'The Seventies' after I am done with this.

The Sixties was really well done -- we all enjoyed that a lot. So much happened in that decade -- the series was very well done. I agree with your rating.

Honestly, the 70s was a bit of disappointment. Almost ironically so.

I would give it 5/10.

The Boomer List is worth a watch.

Also, if you want to cheat on Netflix (I'll never tell Tongue)...

There is an American Experience 1964 done by PBS (might still be streaming on Amazon prime) that was excellent.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2016, 11:34 AM
(29-05-2016 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 06:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I started watching the CNN series 'The Sixties' last night. I am really enjoying it. I was 2-1/2 when the sixties started so I am aware of the headline events. This series is full of newsreels and interviews. I will be watching 'The Seventies' after I am done with this.

The Sixties was really well done -- we all enjoyed that a lot. So much happened in that decade -- the series was very well done. I agree with your rating.

I would give it 5/10.

There is an American Experience 1964 done by PBS (might still be streaming on Amazon prime) that was excellent.

I am disappointed...I had hope The Seventies would be as good. I'll probably watch it anyway...or at least listen to it while I sew. It should at least be good background noise.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2016, 01:33 PM
(29-05-2016 11:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The Sixties was really well done -- we all enjoyed that a lot. So much happened in that decade -- the series was very well done. I agree with your rating.

I would give it 5/10.

I am disappointed...I had hope The Seventies would be as good. I'll probably watch it anyway...or at least listen to it while I sew. It should at least be good background noise.

I have to admit that I struggled for a reason it wasn't as good, except it felt a bit rushed. There was a lot that went on in that decade that they could have spent more time and went into more detail on some of those events, instead of treating it almost like a footnote.

I think the whole first episode was on television shows and that was good, but yeah, while watching the 60s I was much more interested, the 70s did become more of a background thing -- something on whiie I cooked. I would hear what's going on, and if something was interesting, I'd pause it and watch it when I could pay more attention.

30-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Look Who's Back

A very disturbing take on a fascinating idea what if Hilter returned today. The film was based on a book and is subtitled in English.

Yes, it was made in Germany.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post