My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(25-06-2016 01:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 01:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Marvel does documentaries now?

No it's about studio musicians that i never knew wrote the soundtrack of my life.

Ah! Sounds interesting.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-06-2016, 02:54 PM
(25-06-2016 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Watched Janis: Little Girl Blue. (Janis Joplin)

I am not sure of the rating number here but I would say 10/10.

Very well done. Lots of interviews with friends, family, and Janis herself. Lots of photos. It didn't focus on her death like others I have seen about her. In fact, her death only filled the last few minutes...it was the story of her life.

And the concert footage was amazing. I heard her perform songs that I had never heard before. It was really, really good. I may watch it again. I have long been a fan...I was blown away by this documentary.

I saw it in a local theater. Most excellent. One of the few really good documentaries on her done.

I'm not sure if it's still streaming but there's the Eagles doc that's amazing, a Tom Petty one that's also incredibly well done (never been a huge TP fan but if the Heartbreakers are on the radio I won't flip the channel either).

There is also one on Hendrix that's really well done too.

The doc on Wrecking Crew was excellent.

20 feet from stardom (think that's what it's called) was another good one.

There's also one I nearly passed over Muscle Shoals (sp?) that was completely fascinating. It's about the recording studio, which I didn't think would be interesting at all but totally was.

There was another one on Hitsville (Motown).

I have watched the Eagles one twice. There are a couple good ones on Marley...one I watched a few years ago was really good. 20 Feet was also really good.

I have hesitated on the Tom Petty one. I like him okay but he is not a major favorite of mine. I may check it out and maybe the Muscle Shoals one too.

I like documentaries about musicians and bands.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-06-2016, 03:21 PM
(25-06-2016 02:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I saw it in a local theater. Most excellent. One of the few really good documentaries on her done.

I'm not sure if it's still streaming but there's the Eagles doc that's amazing, a Tom Petty one that's also incredibly well done (never been a huge TP fan but if the Heartbreakers are on the radio I won't flip the channel either).

There is also one on Hendrix that's really well done too.

The doc on Wrecking Crew was excellent.

20 feet from stardom (think that's what it's called) was another good one.

There's also one I nearly passed over Muscle Shoals (sp?) that was completely fascinating. It's about the recording studio, which I didn't think would be interesting at all but totally was.

There was another one on Hitsville (Motown).

I have watched the Eagles one twice. There are a couple good ones on Marley...one I watched a few years ago was really good. 20 Feet was also really good.

I have hesitated on the Tom Petty one. I like him okay but he is not a major favorite of mine. I may check it out and maybe the Muscle Shoals one too.

Yeah, I mean I like Tom Petty, but never been a huge fan...the documentary was really interesting... it's super long but that said, it was wonderfully detailed...it wasn't overdone at all.

There was another one on Rush that was really good too.

Also, not my thing at all really but the documentary on Lemmy was just awesome. It's really about him and his love of music, that was rather surprising to me, because I was never really much into Motörhead.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Peaky fucking Blinders. I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed.

Am I the only one who has watched it?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-06-2016, 04:14 PM
(25-06-2016 04:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Peaky fucking Blinders. I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed.

What's it about?

Just looked it up...I am really not into gangster stuff. Never have been.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-06-2016, 04:19 PM
(25-06-2016 04:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Peaky fucking Blinders. I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed.

I saw a few episodes but I couldn't get into it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Mr. Robot on USA. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
25-06-2016, 04:26 PM
(25-06-2016 02:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Muscle Shoals one too.

The above is great, as is The Wrecking crew.

And if you have not seen this, you must. It's on youtube.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(25-06-2016 04:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

What's it about?

Just looked it up...I am really not into gangster stuff. Never have been.

It is but it isn't. It's about a poor family in Birmingham and their rise to power.

The acting is excellent, one of those shows that has you rooting for the hero, who is also the protagonist. You feel conflicted wanting Tommy to come out on top.

It's a gangster show, but much better than the standard fair. It gets pretty gnarly.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-06-2016, 04:28 PM
(25-06-2016 04:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I saw a few episodes but I couldn't get into it.

It does start slow, but gets really good.

~ Umberto Eco