My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(20-01-2015 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I pretty much give any movie with Tom Cruise one star. Just because I think he's a shit actor and drags down otherwise decent stories with his crappy acting.

THANK YOU.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
20-01-2015, 02:47 PM
This is what gets me....because I watched The Wolf of Wallstreet Netflix recommends this. Facepalm

Yeah, no. Not even interested for shits and giggles.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Ick.

I got some aliens-in-Ireland flick suggested to me on the sci-fi genre page. Imma watch it because Irish boys and shitsngiggles.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 1 user Likes thesummerqueen's post
20-01-2015, 03:25 PM
(20-01-2015 02:49 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  Ick.

I got some aliens-in-Ireland flick suggested to me on the sci-fi genre page. Imma watch it because Irish boys and shitsngiggles.

Oooh gotta look for that one! Smile

I am going to watch some gossipy thing on the murder of princess Diana.

I'll probably only half watch it though.

20-01-2015, 03:30 PM
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70228190

Tongue

Albert Camus
[+] 1 user Likes thesummerqueen's post
20-01-2015, 05:00 PM
That's so crazy!!! Netflix suggested that to me too. I said wtf Netflix?!?!? Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
21-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Ok, last night after watching one piece of shit on Netflix, they recommended a move, Liz and Dick, supposed to be about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

I was down with that idea until it started and I realized Lindsay Lohan was playing Taylor...

Omfg I don't care how much they tried to make that freckly train-wreck (they should have don't a better job of airbrushing her arms) look somewhat like Liz, anytime she opened her mouth and spoke....all I heard was Lohan whining through her lines.

The guy who played Burton was almost as bad.

There was absolutely zero chemistry between to the two actors...it was as though they were reading lines off cue cards.

This was facepalm movie that I didn't bother to finish.

21-01-2015, 01:04 PM
(20-01-2015 03:30 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70228190

Tongue

I'm going to watch it tonight.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-01-2015, 04:55 PM
(21-01-2015 01:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 03:30 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70228190

Tongue

I'm going to watch it tonight.

I've actually heard that one is quite a fun movie. One of the guys in a movie review podcast I listen to raved about it. Let us know how it is!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Last night I figured out why Netflix recommends the dumb things for me. Back in the day when we first got streaming, we all shared ONE queue. Husband would watch something and rate it, kids would rate the shit they watched.

When everyone got their own queues, I just took over the main one we all used. Facepalm

I went through and changed some of the ratings on the shit husband and kids liked.

Then I went looking for something to watch.

I ended up watching the Tom Hanks movie Cast Away. I'd only seen bits and pieces of it before and I loved it. Except for the Helen Hunt bits because I find her annoying -- thankfully those were limited and didn't detract from the story. After that it suggested the movie Philadelphia, also starring Tom Hanks.

I'll have to finish that one tonight, but I was crying an hour into it.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post