My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(08-10-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It reminds me a bit of Twilight Zone.

At first I was like what the fuck is this? But then I was like well who wouldn't want to see the British Prime Minister fuck a pig.

Exactly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-10-2016, 08:32 PM
(07-10-2016 08:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I never watched Lost when it was on tv save for a couple episodes I couldn't follow. I missed the hype. Everyone told me then, you should be watching it.

Then I found it on Netflix. My husband was napping and I just wanted to watch something...I watched the first episode, and then saw he was still napping so I began the second. Sometime during the second episode he woke up. When that episode was over, he said move on (back then you had manually move the episodes forward). By the 4th episode we were totally hooked.

You either love it or hate it.

It's been pretty entertaining so far. Not sure why anyone would hate it. Though everyone tells me that the finale was terrible. I'll be the judge of that!

I found the whole last season a bit confusing...the second time I watched it, it made way more sense.

The I enjoyed the finale.

08-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Lost is one of those shows that seem like the writers planned the entire show from the very first episode. There are big reveals and twists that actually make sense towards the overall plot and are linked together. I've watched other shows that feel like they're just writing the shit as they go. X-Files and Supernatural come to mind. Not that those shows are bad (well, i stopped watching supernatural after a while), but the reveals and twists are more like "Eh... big fuckin deal. You guys just made that shit up on the fly".
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
09-10-2016, 07:08 AM
(08-10-2016 08:44 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Lost is one of those shows that seem like the writers planned the entire show from the very first episode. There are big reveals and twists that actually make sense towards the overall plot and are linked together. I've watched other shows that feel like they're just writing the shit as they go. X-Files and Supernatural come to mind. Not that those shows are bad (well, i stopped watching supernatural after a while), but the reveals and twists are more like "Eh... big fuckin deal. You guys just made that shit up on the fly".

Now I was hoping that Netflix has Dollhouse but at least UK Netflix doesn't. I don't know where you are from but check if it is available there. Because Dollhouse is exactly like that. When the series ends, everything makes sense and feels like it was planned that way by the writers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
09-10-2016, 07:43 PM
(09-10-2016 07:08 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 08:44 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Lost is one of those shows that seem like the writers planned the entire show from the very first episode. There are big reveals and twists that actually make sense towards the overall plot and are linked together. I've watched other shows that feel like they're just writing the shit as they go. X-Files and Supernatural come to mind. Not that those shows are bad (well, i stopped watching supernatural after a while), but the reveals and twists are more like "Eh... big fuckin deal. You guys just made that shit up on the fly".

Now I was hoping that Netflix has Dollhouse but at least UK Netflix doesn't. I don't know where you are from but check if it is available there. Because Dollhouse is exactly like that. When the series ends, everything makes sense and feels like it was planned that way by the writers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/

Shit, even if it was I've still got half of Lost left to watch. After that I've got Ash vs Evil Dead and whatever new Walking Dead is on Netflix since I last watched it.

It's a long waiting list!
10-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Lost was so good. It was a groundbreaking show IMO. It seemed to be the cusp of TV being a b-rated media to the beginning of what TV is today with hugely popular shows that are more than just shitty sitcoms. GoT, TWD for example. It seemed to show that if you put a bit of effort in TV could be incredibly popular and boy was that show popular.

I dunno if that's a fair assessment but it certainly feels like it to me.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-10-2016, 06:09 PM
(10-10-2016 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lost was so good. It was a groundbreaking show IMO. It seemed to be the cusp of TV being a b-rated media to the beginning of what TV is today with hugely popular shows that are more than just shitty sitcoms. GoT, TWD for example. It seemed to show that if you put a bit of effort in TV could be incredibly popular and boy was that show popular.

That's exactly what i was thinking. I notice the influence in shows like Breaking Bad and Deadwood too.
10-10-2016, 06:30 PM
(10-10-2016 06:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lost was so good. It was a groundbreaking show IMO. It seemed to be the cusp of TV being a b-rated media to the beginning of what TV is today with hugely popular shows that are more than just shitty sitcoms. GoT, TWD for example. It seemed to show that if you put a bit of effort in TV could be incredibly popular and boy was that show popular.

That's exactly what i was thinking. I notice the influence in shows like Breaking Bad and Deadwood too.

What I also really appreciated was the whole show was conceived from beginning to end. ABC offered a lot to continue the series. They said no -- they had it planned out.

11-10-2016, 10:23 AM
I am currently binge watching my way through all the Start Trek (almost all) So from Kirk to DS9 I am rewatching everything.
After than I got The Walking Dead.
I was told Nacros is good but just can't be arsed because it sounds boring.
So not sure what to go for after the walking dead but I got some weeks to go until then I guess Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
11-10-2016, 10:32 AM
I stopped using Netflix months ago, due to them starting to block VPNs and the UK selection on Netflix is very limited compared to what you guys get across the pond. Anyway, I've been watching Narcos on and off lately. I think the new Walking Dead season is coming out soon, so I'll probably start watching that.