My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(11-10-2016 10:23 AM)Leela Wrote:  I am currently binge watching my way through all the Start Trek (almost all) So from Kirk to DS9 I am rewatching everything.
After than I got The Walking Dead.
I was told Nacros is good but just can't be arsed because it sounds boring.
So not sure what to go for after the walking dead but I got some weeks to go until then I guess Big Grin

Spooks
The West Wing
Upstairs/Downstairs
Poldark
I, Claudius

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 12:03 PM
(11-10-2016 10:32 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I stopped using Netflix months ago, due to them starting to block VPNs and the UK selection on Netflix is very limited compared to what you guys get across the pond. Anyway, I've been watching Narcos on and off lately. I think the new Walking Dead season is coming out soon, so I'll probably start watching that.

I am on UK netflix and have yet to run out of stuff to watch

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2016, 01:02 PM
If your a fan of older film stars...

This is worth the watch on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Conversa...egory_Peck

Funny as a kid we had a black and white tv until I was like 10. I watched to Kill a Mockingbird and fell head over heels in love with Gregory Peck. He was so handsome...

Then, I watched The Omen, and on showtime at a friend's house, and asked my friend...

What happened to him? He was so young! Laugh out load

My friend's mom clued me in to the fact Mockingbird was older me.

I knew then I'd never have a chance.

Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2017, 04:36 PM
So as anyone knows from reading this thread, Netflix often makes suggestions that have left me shaking my head.

This suggestion I've actually avoided watching, I'm not sure why except that I didn't look into much -- I wasn't sure what it was about.

Today it again popped up as a suggestion for Moms

I noted it was nominated for an academy award for best documentary and thought huh..here I thought it was just another Netflix thing...

I read a little about it and started to watch it. I love it. It makes me uncomfortable that I haven't done more. That probably should be the point of a good documentary. I've often considered what I would do, if I lived in the south, during the civil rights movement of the 1960s (as an adult), would I drive people in my car during the bus boycott? Would I complain about businesses and roads being blocked by protestors? Would I feel embarrassed or ashamed of the behavior of people I knew yelling at those protestors? Or would by silently watching actually condone the treatment?

I don't know. I sorta see it today with all the protests going on and understand the frustration of people who just want to get to or from work to their homes. Recently on the news a woman got out of her car and screamed at protestors and maybe threw something. And they probably don't want to think they'd be one of those people and yet, here they are.

It just got me to stop and reflect a little.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Haven't been watching a lot of Netflix lately....

This little gem caught my eye....

A movie about the life (and death) of Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

Watching it now...

Pretty good....Might edit post late if I decide I hate it. Tongue

26-03-2017, 05:45 PM
You absolutely have to check out Samurai Gourmet. It is amazing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-03-2017, 03:16 PM
(26-03-2017 05:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Haven't been watching a lot of Netflix lately....

Watching it now...

I didn't like or dislike it, it was a bit meh...

It did, however, remind me why she set my atheism back so many years. I do believe that she was responsible for the "angry atheist" stereotype so many of us are believed to be.

While I do believe she took money from her "organization" but I don't believe her reasons were for her personal gain, I think at that time there was a lot of contention and friction between her and others in that organization. I do have the impression that she might have taken money, putting it aside to start a new organization once she was pushed out of American Atheists. I do totally feel that would have happened eventually if she hadn't been murdered.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-03-2017, 10:15 PM
(29-03-2017 03:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 05:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Haven't been watching a lot of Netflix lately....

Watching it now...

I didn't like or dislike it, it was a bit meh...

It did, however, remind me why she set my atheism back so many years. I do believe that she was responsible for the "angry atheist" stereotype so many of us are believed to be.

While I do believe she took money from her "organization" but I don't believe her reasons were for her personal gain, I think at that time there was a lot of contention and friction between her and others in that organization. I do have the impression that she might have taken money, putting it aside to start a new organization once she was pushed out of American Atheists. I do totally feel that would have happened eventually if she hadn't been murdered.

Was she as big a bitch as the movie portrayed?

Also, I mentioned this in the other thread, but all I could see when the actress was on-screen was Pat from SNL. She had the same voice.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
30-03-2017, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 11:42 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(30-03-2017 10:15 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 03:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I didn't like or dislike it, it was a bit meh...

Was she as big a bitch as the movie portrayed?

Also, I mentioned this in the other thread, but all I could see when the actress was on-screen was Pat from SNL. She had the same voice.

Yes she was very abrupt with people, I was a kid when I saw her on Donahue, this was probably in the mid late 70s, and the tag line for the show was the most hated woman in America.

(I saw the color episode (in this clip) with the blue dress with white trim....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LS5xYq8zI )

The audience was packed with religious types...I was young so I didn't get the whole controversy -- or that tv shows did things like stack audience members.....

To me, at that time (again as a kid) she seemed caustic and arrogant.

Like I said she really put off my atheism by probably decades.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-03-2017, 11:48 PM
(26-03-2017 05:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You absolutely have to check out Samurai Gourmet. It is amazing.

[Image: inb4-anime-destroyer-nuking-himself-alon...168591.jpg]

Thanks Japan!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post