My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 12:44 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(05-05-2017 10:12 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  SIAP

Rectify is one of the best shows that no one watched. It recently completed its 4 season run on Sundance TV, and all 4 seasons are on Netflix. It's about a guy in Georgia who was sentanced to death row for the rape and murder of his girlfriend when he was 17, and about 20 years later new DNA evidence has come out that that vacates the original trial and he is released while the prosecution attempts to either build a new case, construct a plea, or drop the charges.

While the murder case is a big part of the show, it's more about the main character trying to adjust back to "normal" life, how it all affected his family, and the small town he was from in general.

There was a show starring Damian Lewis a while back called "Life" with the same general premise, except he was a cop. The show didn't last long, but it was excellent while it lasted ...his trying to transition back was as central to the plot as was trying to catch the actual murderer he was convicted for.

I still haven't tried "Rectify" but may have to give it a try; some of my friends have raved about it as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
04-06-2017, 06:36 PM
@Moms, Narcos is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Top 5. It's like Vikings, Game of Thrones, Narcos.
Definitely, check that shit out it's dope (teehee pun).

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Damnit...I spend more time looking for something to watch than actually watching anything.

I am not a big movie person. I tend to go for documentaries and some series.

Aarrrggghhhh!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 08:19 PM
(04-06-2017 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  @Moms, Narcos is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Top 5. It's like Vikings, Game of Thrones, Narcos.
Definitely, check that shit out it's dope (teehee pun).

Ok...ok...

Going to check it now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-06-2017, 11:59 AM
(04-06-2017 08:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Damnit...I spend more time looking for something to watch than actually watching anything.

I am not a big movie person. I tend to go for documentaries and some series.

Aarrrggghhhh!

The Keepers.

A 26 year old nun promises some girls who are being serially raped by a priest at their school that she'll take care of it. Soon after, her body is found. Over a hundred women testify to the police eventually, but the head of Baltimore's sex crimes unit refuses to prosecute, even after they dig up literal boxloads of evidence in the form of topless and other graphic photos of high school girls who were molested. And then, if your documentary needs another level of horror media wise, the Archdiocese of Baltimore went full on insensitivity to the rape victims and tried to discredit them via Twitter after the series was released and they had refused to let anyone be interviewed in it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Narcos is awesome.

I gave up on Orange is the New Black, so I don't care about the next season.

I'm going to give Keepers a look tonight I think. (I'm starting to dream in Spanish which tells me I've been watching too much Narcos).

I did watch a stupid disaster film called Oceans Rising. OMG it was totally bad and barely in that mockable good way.

07-06-2017, 12:12 PM
I also watched a documentary on Jackie Kennedy which sucked.

I watched another thing called I am Jane Doe about girls who escaped sex trafficking which was a bit terrifying.

Betting on Zero wasn't worth the time. Seriously that story could have been summed up in 30 minutes.

Oh and I'm totally disappointed (so far) with House of Cards.

07-06-2017, 12:46 PM
(07-06-2017 12:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I also watched a documentary on Jackie Kennedy which sucked.

I watched another thing called I am Jane Doe about girls who escaped sex trafficking which was a bit terrifying.

Betting on Zero wasn't worth the time. Seriously that story could have been summed up in 30 minutes.

The new season? I'm about halfway through Ep 1 of this season.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
07-06-2017, 02:05 PM
(07-06-2017 12:46 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 12:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I also watched a documentary on Jackie Kennedy which sucked.

The new season? I'm about halfway through Ep 1 of this season.

House of Cards? Yes, I was three episodes in and have taken a break.

I dunno it's lost its luster...maybe the last real election made Frank Underwood seem...not nearly as fun.

07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
It's very possible that it did. Frank used to be the fiction... now we have someone even crazier with a real life Underwood as VP.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post