My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
I know you are always up for a fun documentary and I found an interesting one. Chris Kimball, formerly of America's Test Kitchen, decides he wants to recreate a 12 course meal from the back of Fannie Farmer's 1896 Boston Cooking School cookbook. "Fannie's Last Super" is about how they pulled it off, what they went through sourcing ingredients and the differences between 1896 and 2010. If you are into History and/or cooking it is a fun watch.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-06-2017, 03:31 PM
(23-06-2017 03:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I know you are always up for a fun documentary and I found an interesting one. Chris Kimball, formerly of America's Test Kitchen, decides he wants to recreate a 12 course meal from the back of Fannie Farmer's 1896 Boston Cooking School cookbook. "Fannie's Last Super" is about how they pulled it off, what they went through sourcing ingredients and the differences between 1896 and 2010. If you are into History and/or cooking it is a fun watch.

Omg! I saw that and was thinking about it last night -- talking to the Man about it, but totally couldn't recall it's name.

We have a couple old cookbooks (one from late 19th century) and I want to try some of the recipes...Smile

But I think I need to do some conversions/changes...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-06-2017, 02:34 AM
Lol I had some movie about Hitler recommended to me once. The amount of wtf in my mind at that moment Big Grin

Usually I pick something from the Browse tab. But often stuff is just really weird.
I just watched "Elysium" and the idea of the movie is not even bad, and they even had a good actor in there. But the execution of that good idea was dumb. This weird guy with the weird fake accent (that probably should be some north european accent if I interpret it correctly). Some decision making just made no fucking sense whatsoever. But yea. Weird movie.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
25-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Binge-watching the new season of Wentworth.

Have two episodes left.

Then I need to find something to fill in the time for the next couple weeks till GoT season starts. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
25-06-2017, 12:08 PM
(25-06-2017 11:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Binge-watching the new season of Wentworth.

Have two episodes left.

Then I need to find something to fill in the time for the next couple weeks till GoT season starts. Undecided

i was binging on agents of shield.

I'll admit the first season was really good...after that it's been a decline.

Ghost Rider was the best part of that season. In fact, I found myself fast forwarding through most of it that didn't involve that storyline.

Greys anatomy...I watched three or four from the last season...for that show I do one at the beginning, two in the middle and the finale.

I have a pretty good handle of what went on and it was all the same stupid...it's supposed to be a medical drama...yet they make endless medical errors that it's just impossible to watch.

I haven't done that since 24. After the third season, I began watching just the recap and the last 5 minutes...I found it more interesting that way.

25-06-2017, 12:17 PM
(25-06-2017 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 11:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Binge-watching the new season of Wentworth.

Have two episodes left.

i was binging on agents of shield.

Ghost Rider was the best part of that season. In fact, I found myself fast forwarding through most of it that didn't involve that storyline.

Greys anatomy...I watched three or four from the last season...for that show I do one at the beginning, two in the middle and the finale.

I have a pretty good handle of what went on and it was all the same stupid...it's supposed to be a medical drama...yet they make endless medical errors that it's just impossible to watch.

I haven't done that since 24. After the third season, I began watching just the recap and the last 5 minutes...I found it more interesting that way.

Wentworth is very well done! I have enjoyed all the seasons a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

25-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Been slowly going through GLOW. Very interesting.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-06-2017, 03:49 PM
(25-06-2017 12:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  i was binging on agents of shield.

Wentworth is very well done! I have enjoyed all the seasons a lot.

Sold! I'll give it a whirl. Thumbsup

(25-06-2017 03:26 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Been slowly going through GLOW. Very interesting.

I'll be honest, that one has piqued my curiosity. I'll probably watch it sometime while Da Man is at work.

Right now, he's plowing through the latest season of Shameless.

I'm catching up (again) on Sherlock and Sense8.

25-06-2017, 04:50 PM
(25-06-2017 03:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 12:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wentworth is very well done! I have enjoyed all the seasons a lot.

Sold! I'll give it a whirl. Thumbsup

(25-06-2017 03:26 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Been slowly going through GLOW. Very interesting.

I'll be honest, that one has piqued my curiosity. I'll probably watch it sometime while Da Man is at work.

Right now, he's plowing through the latest season of Shameless.

I'm catching up (again) on Sherlock and Sense8.

Wentworth is not for the faint of heart. The character development is good and I really like a lot of the characters. I also like the cinematography...they have an interesting way of filming it.

I started out with Orange is the New Black but Wentworth is so much better. Much more drama and intrigue.

25-06-2017, 05:08 PM
(25-06-2017 04:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [

Wentworth is not for the faint of heart. The character development is good and I really like a lot of the characters. I also like the cinematography...they have an interesting way of filming it.

I started out with Orange is the New Black but Wentworth is so much better. Much more drama and intrigue.

I got through season 3 (I think) of orange is the new black, and lost interest. I just stopped caring about the characters.

I get like that with a lot of shows. I like shows with a solid overall plot, that continues to move forward and doesn't just become stagnant. It has to be well paced. Unlike the X Files, don't just give me the monster of the week..give me something to feel there's a purpose to me watching.

I loved the x files. But honestly I was watching regular tv then, it was much easier to accept. I tried watching it when it was on Netflix and found it almost painful.