My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2018, 03:47 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(15-04-2018 03:37 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Hey moms, did you like the movie? The one with Joey?

Ha! Honestly I've never seen it. At least I don't think I've seen it. Consider I also never watched the Brady Bunch (reboot) movie(s).

But I did loved the Addams Family reboot movies....but again the cast and writing were just stellar.

Honestly, I'm kinda bored with netflix and the whole rebooting of TV shows thing they've been doing. Some of these shows just weren't good enough (they were filler shows between other shows that were more worth watching) but on their own weren't worth watching more than a few times.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2018, 03:51 PM
(15-04-2018 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2018 03:37 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Hey moms, did you like the movie? The one with Joey?

Ha! Honestly I've never seen it. At least I don't think I've seen it. Consider I also never watched the Brady Bunch (reboot) movie(s).

But I did loved the Addams Family reboot movies....but again the cast and writing were just stellar.

Honestly, I'm kinda bored with netflix and the whole rebooting of TV shows thing they've been doing. Some of these shows just weren't good enough (they were filler shows between other shows that were more worth watching) but on their own weren't worth watching more than a few times.

Did you see Stranger Things? That was good and I don't really get into shows.

It was a lousy movie but Gary Oldman can make anything watchable.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
15-04-2018, 07:02 PM
(15-04-2018 03:51 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-04-2018 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ha! Honestly I've never seen it. At least I don't think I've seen it. Consider I also never watched the Brady Bunch (reboot) movie(s).

Did you see Stranger Things? That was good and I don't really get into shows.

It was a lousy movie but Gary Oldman can make anything watchable.

I liked the first season of ST, the second...I liked but not as much. I don’t know how they’ll do a third. I hope it’s not more of the same.

20-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Travelers is a great show. Intelligent characters and gets progressively more complex.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
22-04-2018, 06:54 AM
(15-04-2018 03:03 PM)julep Wrote:  One of my favorite series as a kid. I don't have Netflix so I'll probably never see it unless it makes its way to my local library. The reboot is probably still better from a drama and acting standpoint than the original, but the original will always be dear to me.

I'm watching the first episode of Lost in Space now. I too loved the original as a kid. While the reboot is light years ahead of the old studio sets with their papier-mâché rocks and fake trees, it has to have the dumbest script of any sci-fi series I have ever seen. I know you have to suspend disbelief, but you should not have to ditch basic science at the same time. For example, sub-zero temperatures don't seem to affect anyone, even when encased in a solid lake of ice. Weeping It's all too ridiculous. The script for this one would have been better lost in space. Shows like Altered Carbon, Westworld and The Expanse do far better justice to the genre.

No gods necessary.
[+] 2 users Like brunumb's post
22-04-2018, 07:58 AM
(22-04-2018 06:54 AM)brunumb Wrote:  I'm watching the first episode of Lost in Space now. I too loved the original as a kid. While the reboot is light years ahead of the old studio sets with their papier-mâché rocks and fake trees, it has to have the dumbest script of any sci-fi series I have ever seen. I know you have to suspend disbelief, but you should not have to ditch basic science at the same time. For example, sub-zero temperatures don't seem to affect anyone, even when encased in a solid lake of ice. Weeping It's all too ridiculous.

It gets worse, just wait.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
22-04-2018, 08:18 AM
(19-01-2015 11:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I enjoy Netflix, but sometimes I just shake my head at the shit it recommends or thinks I will like.

Tonight for my viewing pleasure Netflix recommends:

Yes, I'm watching it, and it's hysterically funny.
I think if I don't die from laughter I might watch

Netflix is annoying. They suggest stuff which is completely off the radar and not even remotely connected to what I watch.

I also hate with a passion their rating and review system.
22-04-2018, 08:35 AM
(22-04-2018 08:18 AM)digitalbeachbum Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 11:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I enjoy Netflix, but sometimes I just shake my head at the shit it recommends or thinks I will like.

Tonight for my viewing pleasure Netflix recommends:

Yes, I'm watching it, and it's hysterically funny.
I think if I don't die from laughter I might watch

Netflix is annoying. They suggest stuff which is completely off the radar and not even remotely connected to what I watch.

I also hate with a passion their rating and review system.

I give up on Netflix for a while then a series I like comes back with a new season and I sign up again, binge watch the season, and then cancel again after some time goes by with no value to me.

Mostly I spend time looking for something to watch and never get to the point of actually watching anything. Undecided

(05-06-2017 04:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you as ugly as you post? ...
And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.
22-04-2018, 11:52 AM
(20-04-2018 09:37 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Travelers is a great show. Intelligent characters and gets progressively more complex.

I really enjoy that show. I also liked Sense8. Ozark wasn't bad.

I cannot remember if I liked IO (? something like that). EO? I dunno and can't fucked to look.

Some of their series have been really hit and miss (mostly miss in my opinion). Like I really enjoyed Daredevil but didn't care for The Defenders and honestly I'm bored with Jessica Jones (or whatever she's called) and stopped watching after a couple episodes. Glad hand, fist of fury, iron fist whatever it's called just bored the shit out of me. Luke Cage was ok, but I dunno it just dragged on.

House of Cards is supposed to return sometime this year, I dunno if I'll even bother.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Anybody Rampage'd yet? And willing to admit it in public? Boss Lady loves the X-headed Shark movies, so ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user