My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
(24-02-2015 04:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 11:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, watched it. Suddenly, I recalled reading something about it. Smile

I really liked it. Smile
I really really was shocked by the movie. Rarely do I ever stop and contain myself during a film. It was ridiculously good. The emotion. The depth of the main character. It really got me.

Yes, it was a surprise to me too. Also, it had me yelling at the tv Shy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen Uptown Girls or Chef. Frida I didn't super enjoy, but based on other stuff you've liked, you might enjoy it.

I've heard mixed reviews about Chef. People either love it or hate it.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-02-2015, 05:28 PM
(24-02-2015 04:53 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I haven't seen Uptown Girls or Chef. Frida I didn't super enjoy, but based on other stuff you've liked, you might enjoy it.

I've heard mixed reviews about Chef. People either love it or hate it.

That's why I haven't watched Chef yet, two good friends who I almost always like what they like, one liked it and the other hated it.

I'm going to watch Mad Men while I cook dinner. Then later tonight I'll probably give Frida a try.

Worst case scenario, I'll turn it off.

24-02-2015, 05:31 PM
(24-02-2015 04:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 04:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
I really really was shocked by the movie. Rarely do I ever stop and contain myself during a film. It was ridiculously good. The emotion. The depth of the main character. It really got me.

It was also a really great lesson on how something like this can get totally out of hand, and how an accusation like that can completely ruin a person's life. How easy it is to get sucked into a lie like that. How careful you must be when questioning a child who may have been lying.

That teacher automatically telling all of the other teachers and parents about the accusation as if it were fact had me fuming. The way that little girl was interrogated and fed her answers had me screaming at the tv. When the little girl tried to admit to her mother that she made it all up, and the mom just says "no, honey. This DID happen". Angry

Moms, if you need anything for tonight, try The One I Love. It's... Hard to explain. A romantic comedy with a dark twist.

I haven't watched that, might give it a try.

Here are some of my recommendations:

Seven -Thriller. Anybody who hasn't seen this needs to. By far one of the best crime thrillers I have ever seen to date.

Zodiac- Directed by the same guy who did Seven (David Fincher, who also did the House of Cards pilot episode), about the real life Zodiac murders in the 60s and 70s.

Horns - About a 20-something year old guy who's girlfriend got killed and everybody thinks he is the killer. One day he wakes up to find that he has sprouted horns and uses their strange powers to find out who really murdered his lover. I read the novel and I really enjoyed the adaptation on film.

Skyfall- If you haven't seen a James Bond film, this is a must see. If you have, see it anyways.

Submarine- A socially awkward British teenager tries to fix his parents marriage and get laid at the same time.

I'll have to think of more, but I am definitely liking some of the movies already listed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-02-2015, 05:46 PM
(24-02-2015 05:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 04:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
It was also a really great lesson on how something like this can get totally out of hand, and how an accusation like that can completely ruin a person's life. How easy it is to get sucked into a lie like that. How careful you must be when questioning a child who may have been lying.

That teacher automatically telling all of the other teachers and parents about the accusation as if it were fact had me fuming. The way that little girl was interrogated and fed her answers had me screaming at the tv. When the little girl tried to admit to her mother that she made it all up, and the mom just says "no, honey. This DID happen". Angry

Moms, if you need anything for tonight, try The One I Love. It's... Hard to explain. A romantic comedy with a dark twist.

I haven't watched that, might give it a try.

Here are some of my recommendations:

Seven -Thriller. Anybody who hasn't seen this needs to. By far one of the best crime thrillers I have ever seen to date.

Zodiac- Directed by the same guy who did Seven (David Fincher, who also did the House of Cards pilot episode), about the real life Zodiac murders in the 60s and 70s.

Horns - About a 20-something year old guy who's girlfriend got killed and everybody thinks he is the killer. One day he wakes up to find that he has sprouted horns and uses their strange powers to find out who really murdered his lover. I read the novel and I really enjoyed the adaptation on film.

Skyfall- If you haven't seen a James Bond film, this is a must see. If you have, see it anyways.

Submarine- A socially awkward British teenager tries to fix his parents marriage and get laid at the same time.

I'll have to think of more, but I am definitely liking some of the movies already listed.

I saw Seven years ago. Liked it. It's going in my queue for sure! Didn't know it was streaming.

Zodiac....well from SF, I know probably too much about it. But in any event I did see the movie, read the book too, and it's mostly true, except for the speculation about who Zodiac was. Totally got that wrong....I actually have the original newspaper that contained his cypher. I have the other one that printed his last letter. Smile both were the examiner (evening paper -- ha!)

Skyfall --fucking awesome saw that in the theater Heart Bond (except for Peirce Brosnen).

Haven't seen submarine and Horns was one I started watching and stopped.

One movie that I've seen once before and want to watch again is The Long Walk Home. The dude who plays Lt Barkely is in it. Smile

24-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Oh smerc, the one I love is already in my queue. Lmao.

I stuck it in there a while ago. So I'll give it a go tonight. Big Grin

24-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Yaaaay! Big Grin Clap

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-02-2015, 12:08 AM
(24-02-2015 10:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yaaaay! Big Grin Clap

That movie was really good! O M G.

27-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I've got three more episodes of The Blacklist to finish, then I can move on to House of Cards.

Yay me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart

27-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I recently read a list of all the movies and shows that are leaving Netflix, so last night I watched Old Yeller. I hadn't watched it since I was a kid.
I really want to start House of Cards. I watched half of the first episode but was interrupted and never started it again.
God is Not Dead is coming to Netflix, I might try to stomach it...