My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
Just to let everyone know, I'm taking a Netflix break because I just discovered, quite by accident that I can watcn Downton Abbey on amazon prime so I'm catching up on all the free episodes.

Smile

Meanwhile husband has been immersed in all this Hawaii 5-0 on netflix.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
(05-03-2015 07:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah the Tinker movie... I watched it a couple of years ago. I don't know if it was me or the booze, but it couldn't grab my attention either.

I wasn't drinking at the time but I had the same reaction. I realized about halfway through that I hadn't been paying attention and had no idea what was going on. I never bothered trying a second time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2015, 04:42 PM
(08-03-2015 04:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 07:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah the Tinker movie... I watched it a couple of years ago. I don't know if it was me or the booze, but it couldn't grab my attention either.

I wasn't drinking at the time but I had the same reaction. I realized about halfway through that I hadn't been paying attention and had no idea what was going on. I never bothered trying a second time.

Omg thank you. Honestly, I tried to watch it again, and got to just about the same point and gave up. I couldn't keep the plot.

I might look for the version Chas mentioned (I think) and give that a try.

12-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Ok, so I'm pissed and yelling at the tv, I've watching this.

I might have to smoke a joint just to calm down.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Shy Based on your recent viewing history, you may also enjoy watching: Breaking the Taboo

I don't know why the imdb page uses the Brazilian title, but it's listed on Netflix in English. A documentary on the war on drugs. It was so good!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-03-2015, 05:30 PM
(08-03-2015 04:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just to let everyone know, I'm taking a Netflix break because I just discovered, quite by accident that I can watcn Downton Abbey on amazon prime so I'm catching up on all the free episodes.

Smile

I keep forgetting that I have Amazon Prime....I think I have watched one thing on there. I need to do some searching this weekend.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-03-2015, 05:36 PM
(12-03-2015 05:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 04:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just to let everyone know, I'm taking a Netflix break because I just discovered, quite by accident that I can watcn Downton Abbey on amazon prime so I'm catching up on all the free episodes.

Smile

I keep forgetting that I have Amazon Prime....I think I have watched one thing on there. I need to do some searching this weekend.

Transparent!!!!

Oh man... I think it's official. I watch too many movies and TV shows Blink Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-03-2015, 05:39 PM
(12-03-2015 04:12 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Shy Based on your recent viewing history, you may also enjoy watching: Breaking the Taboo

I don't know why the imdb page uses the Brazilian title, but it's listed on Netflix in English. A documentary on the war on drugs. It was so good!

Anything that deals with the war on drugs just gets me yelling. This documentary was really good, going into great detail. Smile What had me yelling was all the agreeing and thinking damn people don't get how much money is tied up with this fake war.

It pissed me off we need a documentary to explain why pot isn't a national problem.

Yes I'm smoking a joint and back to Downton Abbey. Smile

(12-03-2015 05:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Smile

There are some good stuff on prime. But very few things aren't available on Netflix. Some you still have to pay for, others are free.

I use it to watch Downton Abbey and The Good Wife. Few other things. Sopranos, and the show Rome was quite good too.

12-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah, there are very few things I watch on Amazon, though I've only recently signed up for prime. Transparent is one of them. So awesome! I favor Netflix because my Internet TV has a Netflix "app" but not an Amazon one. In order to watch it I have to directly hdmi my laptop to the TV. That means getting up off the couch to pause, play, or rewind. LAME!! Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-03-2015, 06:26 PM
(12-03-2015 06:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah, there are very few things I watch on Amazon, though I've only recently signed up for prime. Transparent is one of them. So awesome! I favor Netflix because my Internet TV has a Netflix "app" but not an Amazon one. In order to watch it I have to directly hdmi my laptop to the TV. That means getting up off the couch to pause, play, or rewind. LAME!! Laugh out load

I refer to our ps3 as the Netflix machine.

Thank goodness it has an amazon option. Smile