My Netflix Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: My Netflix Adventures
Well right now, since I'm not cooking, I'm watching this piece of big shit.

Really, it's painful. I don't know why I torture myself with this shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 11:59 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Yes, I'm quite lame, I'm watching The English Patient; I've never seen it, so curious. Hubby was never interested in watching it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116209/ Omg, why hasn't anyone told me about this movie?! Sadcryface

Earlier today I watched, while cooking In Your Eyes -- which started off interesting but turned really stupid way too fast. Dodgy

19-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Tonight for my viewing pleasure, I'm going to watch the first movie Netflix predicts I'll give just one star...

Let's see where this leads...

Unstoppable

Netflix thinks this is funny....
I'm not laughing....

No, I'd rather watch this...Absolute Zero.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Late 50s PSA type film. Warning girls about marrying too young.

The "kid" is 24 and she's 17. In reality he looks 30 and she looks 25 but acts like she's 10 -- carrying a teddy bear or some stuffed animal.

Cannot express how bad this is. Powerful bad...

Kirk Cameron would be more entertaining. Maybe.

27-03-2015, 11:52 AM
(12-03-2015 03:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, so I'm pissed and yelling at the tv, I've watching this.

I might have to smoke a joint just to calm down.

Wink

I just watched this the other day and shook my head in disgust. I've never smoked weed but I'm all for the legalization of it. In fact, I say legalize all of it and set up clinics where people can get high on whatever they want under a doctor or nurse's supervision.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
27-03-2015, 12:30 PM
(27-03-2015 11:52 AM)USMCLoggy Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, so I'm pissed and yelling at the tv, I've watching this.

I might have to smoke a joint just to calm down.

Wink

I just watched this the other day and shook my head in disgust. I've never smoked weed but I'm all for the legalization of it. In fact, I say legalize all of it and set up clinics where people can get high on whatever they want under a doctor or nurse's supervision.

I think what got me going the most was government officials thinking a little grass is just as bad as meth. Wtf?

The prohibition on drugs has been a dismal failure. Yet the government cannot let it go.

28-03-2015, 07:40 AM
(27-03-2015 12:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 11:52 AM)USMCLoggy Wrote:  I just watched this the other day and shook my head in disgust. I've never smoked weed but I'm all for the legalization of it. In fact, I say legalize all of it and set up clinics where people can get high on whatever they want under a doctor or nurse's supervision.

I think what got me going the most was government officials thinking a little grass is just as bad as meth. Wtf?

The prohibition on drugs has been a dismal failure. Yet the government cannot let it go.

It has taken more than 50 years to start letting go of the mad at Cuba.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-03-2015, 10:37 AM
(28-03-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 12:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think what got me going the most was government officials thinking a little grass is just as bad as meth. Wtf?

It has taken more than 50 years to start letting go of the mad at Cuba.

Speaking of Cuba, there's a documentary about Castro I'm going to watch. I can't recall the exact name right now (could be Castro for all I know).

I hope it's better than Farmaggedon.

29-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Ok, so, I've begun watching this old miniseries: The Winds of War.
So far it's ok. Jan Michael Vincent annoys me tho. Historically it seems like an overview of everything that went on in Europe.

Last night: not streaming, but on DVD rented from Netflix, I watched The Monuments Men. I enjoyed that -- always wondered about some of the artwork we know existed prior to WW2, that was never seen again. Sad

24-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Currently watching History of the Eagles.

Now, I did always like their music, but never thought much about them...I've gotta say this documentary is just awesome!

If you do watch it on Netflix, it's a two part thing, but you have wait until the end of the credits of the first part, to see the second part. Otherwise it shows you've got an hour left. Smile

There are worst ways of wasting three hours.

Also watched The Last Waltz. Directed by Martin Scorsese, and filmed at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, it's really an interesting look at The Band.

Netflix initially had the audio fucked up. Interview footage was silent. Facepalm Happy to report that's been fixed.

Fantastic apperences with Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Neil Young, Eric Clapton....

Just a classic. Smile