My New Base of Operations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 12:35 PM

My New Base of Operations
I'm not sure where this post belongs, if it belongs in this forum at all, but since this is my main place of worship, I wanted to let you know that I have a new website called, "The Veridican." I won't blatantly advertise it, except to say that I do blog and forum reviews, as well as short journalism pieces that often center on the people I encounter in the forums I participate in. For instance right now there is a short bit related to JL Momm and KingsChosen.

The review of Thinking Atheist will be up today.

The video section is coming. I have all the equip. and software needed and experience, for that matter, but...well...I'm kind of waiting for my hair to grow out a little.Sad

I'm very excited about this whole thing, and I think it will lead to greater things. I am intending to treat atheism a bit more fairly on this website and reserve my anti-atheist sentiments to my blog "The Believers' Revolt"

Anyway, it's at www.Veridican.com and my website button below links to it.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
14-03-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: My New Base of Operations
I appreciate you being so forward.
I'm also ok with you posting a link to your own website as I feel it's less of an advertisement (given the users here) and more of a way for us to get to know and understand you.
Besides most of us already know about the site.

My favorite part is how on the forum ratings section you have the christian symbol as a white hero looking flag and the atheist symbol surrounded by red and black as if it were a sign of satan. Gave me a good chuckle. No matter how you meant it.

Also I have to wonder how you afford two genuine websites?

I can't help but notice that ad space is low.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
14-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I think that picture next to your little blurb about JL Momma's post is way out of line.

But other than that, the site looks pretty clean.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
14-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Thank you, Lucradis, for allowing me to announce the site in your forum. I'm e-mailing you a couple of interview questions as soon as I get done typing this. Hopefully, you can respond to them and I can use them in the review for Thinking Atheist. Thinking Atheist, of course, is my favorite group, so I think the review will be a good one.

I have two websites, sort of. I have the one, The Veridican, and I have the Google blog, The Believers' Revolt. The Google blog is free. The Veridican is only a hundred bucks a year to host. Oh, but then there is also The-Gordon-Composition.com which we have, and I suppose that's another hundred bucks a year, and then there's the 40 bucks or so for the URL's through Networks Solutions. God blesses me enough that I can afford that without ad space. And when you think about it, most Christians give more than that in an offering plate every year. I suppose it's like my kind of tithing.

The atheist symbol is done out of respect! I thought that was you'all's official symbol. And I have to admit, it does look cool. Seriously though, if there's an "official" atheist symbol, let me know.

Again, thanks for allowing me to mention my new website.

Hasta Luego.
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 01:09 PM by kingschosen.)
That's pretty cool, dude. Oh, and in light of what you wrote, I responded in the "Hell" thread.
And holy crap, your wife can paint.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-03-2012, 01:11 PM
(14-03-2012 12:57 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you, Lucradis, for allowing me to announce the site in your forum. I'm e-mailing you a couple of interview questions as soon as I get done typing this. Hopefully, you can respond to them and I can use them in the review for Thinking Atheist. Thinking Atheist, of course, is my favorite group, so I think the review will be a good one.

I have two websites, sort of. I have the one, The Veridican, and I have the Google blog, The Believers' Revolt. The Google blog is free. The Veridican is only a hundred bucks a year to host. Oh, but then there is also The-Gordon-Composition.com which we have, and I suppose that's another hundred bucks a year, and then there's the 40 bucks or so for the URL's through Networks Solutions. God blesses me enough that I can afford that without ad space. And when you think about it, most Christians give more than that in an offering plate every year. I suppose it's like my kind of tithing.

The atheist symbol is done out of respect! I thought that was you'all's official symbol. And I have to admit, it does look cool. Seriously though, if there's an "official" atheist symbol, let me know.

Again, thanks for allowing me to mention my new website.

Hasta Luego.

I must say I like this idea of doing forum reviews. That's great. Regardless that I still consider you batshit insane Wink But a Christian blog that links to atheist websites, with critical reviews based on actual interview questions - that's waaaaay out of the ordinary.
14-03-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 01:20 PM by craniumonempty.)
Seriously? (see attachment)

"Atheists are one of the most distrusted groups of people in the world." You might be correct, but the study you are thinking of was for the US if I remember correctly.

"One recent study showed that only rapists share the same level of distrust as an atheist." You are showing why the parents are set. I hope you don't share the thoughts that atheists deserve the same distrust as rapists even if that rapist is Christian. If that's the case, are the parents incorrect to place their child with rapists (or people that do bad things to society on that level)?

If you lived in the UK somewhere and lived around mostly Muslims and your parents were as well. Say you converted to Christianity (or make one) and your parents held the same sentiments towards that as some have in the US toward Atheists. Say they found out kind of like JLMomma. You wrote about her in your article. She said, "I admitted to my mom that I didn't believe in god at all. I didn't even mean to. We were having a conversation and my aunt asked me straight up."

"Now imagine you’re a parent and you spend your life raising your child the best you can according to the principles you hold as a [Muslim]. Then your child turns around and says they’re a [Christian]. What worse tragedy could befall you as that parent? You did all you could and now your child chooses to reject [Allah (some Muslims will say straight out that Allah of Islam is not the same as the God of Christianity)] and of course will end up in hell for it.

If one has [Muslim] parents, telling them that you’ve suddenly become a [Christian] is just another way of hurting them in the most destructive way you can. It’s really kicking them where it counts. In my opinion, [you would have] no right to expect happy [Eid Al-Fitr] reunions and everything to be the same as it was with her family. [You will have] divorced [yourself] from [your] family. [You will have ] hurt them in a way which I am sure is worse than if [you] just went in and shot them.

Seriously, how much respect for [your] position as a [Christian do you] think [you're] going to get from her lifelong [Muslim] parents?"

She feels alone because her family rejected her. Should a Christian feel the same way if their family rejects them for their Christianity? Many atheists would not want that for their children regardless of what their children believe.

...and the picture of lighting a cigarette for a baby... really?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
14-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I had a look, and I must say, well done. The site looks good, and your content seems open and genuine. Looking forward to the review of our crazy little forum, by one of our craziest members!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
14-03-2012, 01:18 PM
You're a disgrace dude. I can't believe what you have posted at the bottom regarding JL Momma.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
14-03-2012, 01:22 PM
COE, I understand your objections to some of the content of Egors site, but you gotta remember, it's got a strong bias against atheism. I don't think Egor is trying to hide that. Expecting that sort of bias to be omitted from a "Veridican" site would be akin to expecting this site to refrain from calling religion crazy/silly/stupid/dangerous. From Egors perspective, I think he really did make a genuine attempt at treating atheism as something to discuss instead of ONLY villianizing it. You gotta expect some villianizing on a christian site though. Lets see how it develops.

So many cats, so few good recipes.