My New Base of Operations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: My New Base of Operations
(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  COE, I understand your objections to some of the content of Egors site, but you gotta remember, it's got a strong bias against atheism. I don't think Egor is trying to hide that. Expecting that sort of bias to be omitted from a "Veridican" site would be akin to expecting this site to refrain from calling religion crazy/silly/stupid/dangerous. From Egors perspective, I think he really did make a genuine attempt at treating atheism as something to discuss instead of ONLY villianizing it. You gotta expect some villianizing on a christian site though. Lets see how it develops.

Yeah, his personality is different than mine, but I can understand this.

I will say, the forum reviews is a stroke of genius. Well done, Egor.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't need to be villanized Tongue
[Image: tumblr_ltfq66dyfU1qm6oc3o1_500.gif]
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-03-2012, 01:30 PM
While I agree with you about the site Stark, I think that the picture of the baby is so far from the subject matter, but it carries with it a suggestion that JL Momma in particular is doing those things to her baby. I think that's out of line.

I was in a car crash once just after high school. I had gotten T-boned after pulling out in front of a truck that was behind a second lane of traffic. It was my fault, but at least everyone was ok. The local newspaper had an office right across the street. They came out, took a picture of me standing near the car and talking to a police officer and wrote a small story about it. But next to the headline story the following day was my picture with a small captioned reference to the actual story. The headline story was a story about drunk driving.

Different media, yes- but however it's done I find it very distasteful.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-03-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 01:37 PM by craniumonempty.)
(14-03-2012 01:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  COE, I understand your objections to some of the content of Egors site, but you gotta remember, it's got a strong bias against atheism. I don't think Egor is trying to hide that. Expecting that sort of bias to be omitted from a "Veridican" site would be akin to expecting this site to refrain from calling religion crazy/silly/stupid/dangerous. From Egors perspective, I think he really did make a genuine attempt at treating atheism as something to discuss instead of ONLY villianizing it. You gotta expect some villianizing on a christian site though. Lets see how it develops.

He posted the link here. I can critique if I want.

I don't particularly like atheists calling out an individual if they are in a hard situation either. I think that would be disgraceful. I've helped Christians, Muslims, and others when they were at their lowest without a mention of their gods being BS (usually they don't even know I'm an atheist). And also, I don't consider people stupid simply because of their belief. I was a Christian once, so why in hell would I call them stupid simply for believing. The belief might be, but that's a different story.

edit: took out "usually".. I put it in to say that I don't "usually" consider people stupid. However, I added the "simply because of their belief" and it didn't sound like I intended.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
14-03-2012, 01:43 PM
(14-03-2012 01:32 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  He posted the link here. I can critique if I want.
And I never suggested that you couldn't. You also posted in the forum, so I can critique your post if I want.

Quote:And also, I don't consider people stupid (usually) simply because of their belief. I was a Christian once, so why in hell would I call them stupid simply for believing. The belief might be, but that's a different story.
It was pretty clear in my post that I said calling religion (not religous people) stupid etc was to be expected here.

It usually seems arrogant to me when someone says, "re-read my post", but I really do think you may have read it with the wrong context in mind. Then again, perhaps I am reading yours wrong (read it a few times, but it still looks to me like you think I was saying you shouldn't be critiquing and that I was implying religous people are stupid and it's ok to say that)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-03-2012, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 02:57 PM by craniumonempty.)
(14-03-2012 01:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:32 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  He posted the link here. I can critique if I want.
And I never suggested that you couldn't. You also posted in the forum, so I can critique your post if I want.

I gave you a thumbs up for this. However, I do want to note that you said " Expecting that sort of bias to be omitted" as thought I expected that bias to be omitted. I was responding to something I found distasteful and something he does a lot which is to pick on someone when they are down. If he was hurting in life say because his family disowned him for his new beliefs and he wrote a thread on it, I would hope that even though we don't agree with his beliefs and might think they are dangerous (or silly or whatever) that we would treat him as a human that is hurting because he is alone in the world. Humanity first, beliefs second. I would hope that a person of any religion might be able to cross this site in times of need and while a few might go after the person (whether due to distrust of the situation or the belief), that we would try to help in some way or another trying not to insult.

He seems to try to insult.. He has been told what is insulting, he continues even with people seeking help. Not that I don't expect that from someone that posts something like this:

Quote:“I have come to cast conflicts upon the world—fire, sword, and wars!
“I came to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother. Indeed, on account of Me, a person’s enemies will be the members of their own household.
“For the one who does not hate their mother and father, sisters and brothers, husband or wife, and even their own life, is not worthy of Me. They cannot be My disciple.
“And the one who does not take up their cross daily and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

(VGJC 23:12-15)
source

So, I don't "expect" him to omit that bias, just like I don't expect people on this site to "refrain from calling religion crazy/silly/stupid/dangerous". I'm speaking out like I have a right too... and in turn responded to you.

I gave the thumbs up, because it did sound like I was reprimanding you for responding to me. Sorry about that. I might actually have been even though I don't think I was.

Quote:
Quote:And also, I don't consider people stupid (usually) simply because of their belief. I was a Christian once, so why in hell would I call them stupid simply for believing. The belief might be, but that's a different story.
It was pretty clear in my post that I said calling religion (not religous people) stupid etc was to be expected here.

It usually seems arrogant to me when someone says, "re-read my post", but I really do think you may have read it with the wrong context in mind. Then again, perhaps I am reading yours wrong (read it a few times, but it still looks to me like you think I was saying you shouldn't be critiquing and that I was implying religous people are stupid and it's ok to say that)

I didn't misunderstand your post (i think)... just didn't come across correctly there. I meant that I would probably call someone out here if I think they are incorrect in calling someone stupid or otherwise (and I noticed and cared at the time... you'd be surprised how much I don't notice.. well, maybe not surprised). I guess I was responding to the word "expecting". I didn't "expect" his site to be all hunky dory or pro atheist.. or even somewhat neutral. Just kind of felt irked by that article and felt the need to respond. Yeah, maybe I should have given him props, but that article prevented me from wanting to.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
14-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Egor, that pic of the baby smoking and drinking is disgusting.

Are you tryng to make people think that atheists do such horrible things to their kids?

Shame on you! Be honest at least, I am sure your god demands it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-03-2012, 03:51 PM
COE, aha. Gotcha. I understand better now what you were sayin. Thanks for being cool about making it more clear instead of freaking out like people so often do.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-03-2012, 04:33 PM
(14-03-2012 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  Egor, that pic of the baby smoking and drinking is disgusting.

Are you tryng to make people think that atheists do such horrible things to their kids?

Shame on you! Be honest at least, I am sure your god demands it.

Dom is correct.

This is more representative of the atheists here.

[Image: prep-for-grilling.jpg]

Also, I'm a bit disappointed by the thread title. I thought you had built some sort of cool Veridican Cave. You know, like the Batcave with all sorts of cool hermeneutic gadgets all over the place. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Wow what a super cool site Egor, with super cool info and cool stuff. It looks so cool and super.
Isn't it really cool and double super dooper that the thinking atheist forum think its super dooper cool too.
You must be getting a lot of super cool traffic being all loved up by the thinking atheist forum.

It was a teensy weensy naughty of you to ridicule a member of the thinking atheist forum, but never mind every thing else is just snoochie moochies.

Sorry for my impatience, but I just couldn't wait any longer to stick my tongue up your arse and suck satans cock like the other members.

And I'm sure once JLMomma accepts jeebus back into her life she will forgive you for your teensy weensy little hateful mysogonistic, indescretion.
[+] 5 users Like Sol's post