My New Base of Operations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: My New Base of Operations
I have just seen this and I must agree with Sol.

I have typed 3 quite long different messages now, and deleted every one. My flabber has never been so gasted.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Eternal's post
15-03-2012, 01:04 AM

(14-03-2012 01:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's pretty cool, dude. Oh, and in light of what you wrote, I responded in the "Hell" thread.
And holy crap, your wife can paint.

Thanks, man.
(14-03-2012 01:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I had a look, and I must say, well done. The site looks good, and your content seems open and genuine. Looking forward to the review of our crazy little forum, by one of our craziest members!

Great. The review for this site is done. You can check it out if you like. I may modify the text if I get some feedback from Lucradis, but the numbers won't change.
(14-03-2012 01:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  While I agree with you about the site Stark, I think that the picture of the baby is so far from the subject matter, but it carries with it a suggestion that JL Momma in particular is doing those things to her baby. I think that's out of line.

That's not what it suggests at all. You need to read the article before commenting on the picture. And try to lighten up a bit. Such knee-jerking can't be good for your blood pressure.

Quote:I was in a car crash once just after high school. I had gotten T-boned after pulling out in front of a truck that was behind a second lane of traffic. It was my fault, but at least everyone was ok. The local newspaper had an office right across the street. They came out, took a picture of me standing near the car and talking to a police officer and wrote a small story about it. But next to the headline story the following day was my picture with a small captioned reference to the actual story. The headline story was a story about drunk driving.

Different media, yes- but however it's done I find it very distasteful.

What about the article I just wrote about Lucradis? Is an android killer less offensive? You have to look at the photos in context.
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey, why did you delete the Calvinism thing?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-03-2012, 08:08 AM
(15-03-2012 08:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, why did you delete the Calvinism thing?

Too many Veridicans complained that it's not a real theology.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe God did? Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
15-03-2012, 08:59 AM
(15-03-2012 08:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, why did you delete the Calvinism thing?

Who can fathom his depths of whimsy.
It's probably just his perky and mercurial nature ignoring the doorbell of rational thought again.
Only Sancho can say which windmills eddy will tip at today.

Or not, as the case may be...

In life you can't have everything................. Where would you put it ?
15-03-2012, 11:50 AM
(15-03-2012 01:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 01:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  While I agree with you about the site Stark, I think that the picture of the baby is so far from the subject matter, but it carries with it a suggestion that JL Momma in particular is doing those things to her baby. I think that's out of line.

That's not what it suggests at all. You need to read the article before commenting on the picture. And try to lighten up a bit. Such knee-jerking can't be good for your blood pressure.

I imagine that you think I'm angry or something. That's not the case, I just think that the picture is distasteful and flagrant. I don't expect anything else from you when talking about atheists, but it's still dishonest. The article doesn't have to match the picture (I know that the picture has nothing to do with the article because I did read the copy) for the picture to send a message. What that picture you're suggesting that she's a bad mother because she's an atheist- and that's intentionally offensive.

Your site, do whatever you want but you posted here about your site and I'm giving you a bit of criticism that I know you'll ignore. The rest of the site looks great, and your wife is an incredible painter! But, that picture should either be moved or removed- because you are suggesting that JL Momma is a bad mother, whether you intend to or not (I think it's intentional), and there's absolutely no justification for that message.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
15-03-2012, 05:48 PM

The front page stories come and go almost daily. I think I'm going to have to start an archive page. Unfortunately, that one's gone for good as is another one or two. But I think I better start an archive section.

Thanks for the heads up.

(15-03-2012 11:50 AM)kineo Wrote:  I imagine that you think I'm angry or something. That's not the case, I just think that the picture is distasteful and flagrant. I don't expect anything else from you when talking about atheists, but it's still dishonest. The article doesn't have to match the picture (I know that the picture has nothing to do with the article because I did read the copy) for the picture to send a message. What that picture you're suggesting that she's a bad mother because she's an atheist- and that's intentionally offensive.

Your site, do whatever you want but you posted here about your site and I'm giving you a bit of criticism that I know you'll ignore. The rest of the site looks great, and your wife is an incredible painter! But, that picture should either be moved or removed- because you are suggesting that JL Momma is a bad mother, whether you intend to or not (I think it's intentional), and there's absolutely no justification for that message.

The article has nothing to do with JL momma being a bad momma. It has to do with her being a bad kid.

I hate having to explain a joke to the concrete-minded.
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 10:01 PM
(15-03-2012 08:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Um...just how many Verudicans are there?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2012, 10:03 PM
(15-03-2012 10:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 08:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Um...just how many Verudicans are there?

2 that have been verified.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel