My New Book of Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 07:34 PM
My New Book of Mormon
So, about a week ago I ordered a free copy of the book of mormon online. I've never read it so I figured what the hell it's free.
They said it would be delivered in 3-4 weeks.
Today while the Comcast guy was here replacing the dvr and internet modem, there's a knock at the door.
Yep, it was two mormons hand delivering my BOM, and KJV bible.
I told them I couldn't talk now and that I'm an atheist and just wanted the book for reference basically.
They looked a little deflated about that but said they might stop by some other time. I said sure, it could be amusing at least.
So, we'll see how that goes. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
19-02-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: My New Book of Mormon
(19-02-2015 07:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  So, about a week ago I ordered a free copy of the book of mormon online. I've never read it so I figured what the hell it's free.
They said it would be delivered in 3-4 weeks.
Today while the Comcast guy was here replacing the dvr and internet modem, there's a knock at the door.
Yep, it was two mormons hand delivering my BOM, and KJV bible.
I told them I couldn't talk now and that I'm an atheist and just wanted the book for reference basically.
They looked a little deflated about that but said they might stop by some other time. I said sure, it could be amusing at least.
So, we'll see how that goes. Big Grin

hehe this used to be my main form of entertainment, skewering these poor young men and dismantling their faith piece by piece while fawning interest and pretending to ask questions to put away the doubts that were burning within me, while planting massive seeds of doubt within them....good times good times

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Glad I didn't order one. I didn't know that they delivered personally.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-02-2015, 07:49 PM
(19-02-2015 07:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Glad I didn't order one. I didn't know that they delivered personally.

Surprised me, but if they come back and I have time I'll chat with them. Could be fun. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-02-2015, 07:53 PM
We now have a Mormon Temple, Tabernacle, church - whatever, just a few blocks from our house. I see the young men in their black pants and white shirts with their black bike helmets and backpacks around the neighborhood. Maybe the 'No Soliciting' sign on the front door works. It's either that or the JWs told them to stay away from our house...or it could have been the Halloween display I put on. Consider

Whatever it is, they haven't seen fit to stop. Bummer. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-02-2015, 07:56 PM
The 'no solicitation' signs work. They used to troll my parents neighborhood pretty heavy back in the day, the sign did the trick.
19-02-2015, 08:00 PM
(19-02-2015 07:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  The 'no solicitation' signs work. They used to troll my parents neighborhood pretty heavy back in the day, the sign did the trick.

It doesn't stop the JWs, at least not here. When I pointed out the 'No soliciting' sign they said they weren't soliciting, they were bringing salvation. My laughter wasn't appreciated.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
19-02-2015, 08:04 PM
(19-02-2015 08:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 07:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  The 'no solicitation' signs work. They used to troll my parents neighborhood pretty heavy back in the day, the sign did the trick.

It doesn't stop the JWs, at least not here. When I pointed out the 'No soliciting' sign they said they weren't soliciting, they were bringing salvation. My laughter wasn't appreciated.

My last JW visit was right after I was diagnosed with cancer - guess they caught all my anger and I was put on a list of those to not visit any more. Oh well...something good came out of that diagnosis.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2015, 02:34 AM
(19-02-2015 07:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  hehe this used to be my main form of entertainment, skewering these poor young men and dismantling their faith piece by piece while fawning interest and pretending to ask questions to put away the doubts that were burning within me, while planting massive seeds of doubt within them....good times good times

*feigning

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2015, 08:28 AM
(20-02-2015 02:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 07:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  hehe this used to be my main form of entertainment, skewering these poor young men and dismantling their faith piece by piece while fawning interest and pretending to ask questions to put away the doubts that were burning within me, while planting massive seeds of doubt within them....good times good times

*feigning

Beat me to it. Although the thought of GWG fawning over the missionaries is pretty hilarious.

"Oh my god, tell me more! This is amazing... Just kidding! Your beliefs are stupid. Have fun, guys!"
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post