My New Book of Mormon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2015, 10:43 AM
My New Book of Mormon
For a while, I had JWs bugging me. Maybe try what got them to leave me alone: answering the door in just a pair of underwear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
20-02-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: My New Book of Mormon
(20-02-2015 10:43 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  For a while, I had JWs bugging me. Maybe try what got them to leave me alone: answering the door in just a pair of underwear.

I see you were being discreet. Usually, people on this forum say they answer the door naked.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
20-02-2015, 01:34 PM
(20-02-2015 10:43 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  For a while, I had JWs bugging me. Maybe try what got them to leave me alone: answering the door in just a pair of underwear.

You were overdressed.

Damn, RP beat me to it!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-02-2015, 02:33 PM
By one minute!
20-02-2015, 02:48 PM
(20-02-2015 02:33 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  By one minute!

Probably much less if it showed seconds; I hit reply, typed the line and posted and yours was there. Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-02-2015, 03:56 PM
The last bunch that showed up at my place -- an older couple - probably in their 70's.... I simply barked at them - "Holy crap -- that's the stuff that they use to scare kids into going to bed -- you're still BELIEVING that drivel?? Damnit -- ACT YOUR AGE!!!"

They haven't been back since...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-02-2015, 04:36 PM
(20-02-2015 01:33 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

I see you were being discreet. Usually, people on this forum say they answer the door naked.

Or maybe it was ladies' underwear? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2015, 05:33 PM
I've got a meeting with them tomorrow afternoon. It annoys my wife to no end, but it's a bit cathartic to be able to sit down with these guys and simply tell them, "yeah, sounds nice and all, but it makes no sense, you have no evidence, and I'm much happier not having to contort my mind in order to believe in that silly shit. You should try it." Tongue

Really fucking nice people, though. Tomorrow they're going to bring over a member of the church who has a degree in philosophy and they want me to meet him because we "think alike". Facepalm

I do like taking with the regular members rather than the missionaries, they're not so restricted by the rules of engagement and the discussion is much more satisfying.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post