My New flatmates... Are Headhunters!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 06:48 AM by DLJ.)
My New flatmates... Are Headhunters!
Well, OK ... descendants of headhunters.

They are the great, great, great granddaughters of this guy:

[Image: dayak2.jpg]

Libau Anak Ningkan aka Rentap was a famous Iban Dayak warrior and the most renowned Iban hero in Sarawak, Malaysia during the Brooke White Rajah colonization era.

The neck tattoo is an indication that he has successfully hunted head!
- the traditional hand tapping method can still be found. In this process needles dipped in pigment are used and tapped into the skin with a hammer.

Fuck that!

For those who only know Murikan geography ...

[Image: 18186.imgcache.jpg]

I guess that as his followers proclaimed him as "Raja Darat" (King of Upland) or "Raja Ulu" (King of Upriver), this means that my new flatmates are Princesses.

Ohmy

Anyway, I'm learning little by little about the people of Sarawak (Borneo). They have a thanksgiving / harvest / spring festival day called Gawai Dayak where they wear the traditional costumes and stuff.

... or for the local beauty pageant

[Image: 2zfvaww.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: My New flatmates... Are Headhunters!
My mom and dad met some cannibal types in the Highlands of PNG - when they went there 20 some years ago.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-08-2016, 07:15 AM
I love learning about different cultures. They are slowly disappearing.....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Quote:The word "Nundok" which means surrender was the most word that Libau Rentap never said in his life.

Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Descendants of the folks who (it's speculated) ate Michael Rockefeller?
24-08-2016, 10:05 AM
(24-08-2016 07:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  I love learning about different cultures. They are slowly disappearing.....

I'm seeing quite the opposite in this region. Although it could be merely a last ditch attempt to hang on to the past against the steady march of hegemony... or a way of attracting culture-tourists.

There's currently a bit in the media about Malay origins sparked by a recent study of mitochondrial DNA and also memetic studies e.g. language.

I have a hunch that this might be prominent right now as a reaction against Daesh (although it's an Islamic country, Malaysian's powers are very vocal against extremists ... not just vocal, they have extra patrols at the airports questioning in particular, girls travelling west alone)

(24-08-2016 09:31 AM)julep Wrote:  Descendants of the folks who (it's speculated) ate Michael Rockefeller?

I had to google him. Nope, that was a different land mass.

[Image: DEI.jpg]

Sarawak (headhunters) ... left of centre on the map.
Mr Rockefeller was not found dead in Netherlands New Guinea ... bottom right.

Big Grin

24-08-2016, 10:09 AM
DLJ- you might want to make sure you always stay on their good side, I'd hate to see what would happen if you piss one off and she calls in family to kick your ass. Shocking

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post