My Ode to Bucky Ball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 01:51 PM

My Ode to Bucky Ball
We have had a war, he and I. I never really hated him, but I was opposed to him, because he follows me everywhere and attacks everything I say. From his posts there is a complete and utter seething hatred for me. And in all of that, I didn’t give a shit. I really didn’t, because I’ve been in forums since about the time he was born—he’s 20 according to his profile. And there have always been characters like him. I make a lot of noise; they follow me around. But usually, they’re lunatics.

For the first time today, I went to BB’s profile. And I didn’t get it. So, I looked up his photos in the “show me” thread, and google-mapped his town and the boulevard he says he’s the “terror” of. I used to live in Southern California, myself, Riverside—he comes from a better place. So I don’t get it—or at least I didn’t get it.

This is a good-looking, young man, with what seems like a bright future and a lot of prospects. I mean, unless it’s all a made up lie, he surfs, goes to a great college, comes from probably a well-off family—he’s not the profile I suspected.

But I’ll let you all in on a little secret: the people who really suffer in this world are the kids of really successful parents. You cannot imagine the stress they are under. It’s actually worse than a lot of young people who are abused in their homes. I’ve always wanted to have Bucky’s life. When my memoir comes out, you’ll see why. I would have loved to have had a father, and a successful one at that, someone who holds a high position in society. I would have loved to be a surfer and live in a cool town just up from San Diego. But that’s because I never had that, and I have this fantasy of what it would be like.

But think about it: how would you like to try to live up to your Dad—which all sons are expected to do—when your dad is an MD/Phd/Surgeon? I’m a nurse. I know what kind of personality that is. I could never, in a million years, imagine the horror of being dependent on that kind of person for my food and shelter. I would go insane from on the one hand wanting to be him, and on the other hand, wanting to destroy him.

BB is 20. I’m 48. I’m a bragging arrogant attention-seeking (and a successful one at that) flip-flopping at will, taekwondo-fighting dickhead who rides a motorcycle and can write. I wonder if I represent something from his life?

I have to change. Not for BB, per se, but for all the BB's out there. Because looking at him and his life, I don’t hate him at all. I’m arrogant, because I come from trash, and my parents did not love me (I’m not saying that for pity—it’s just a fact.), and I was bullied and had my ass kicked all the time. We grew up like stay animals. So I compensate. I expect the people of the world to be better than me, and so I fight for every inch up the ladder. But what have I become? I’m not a kid anymore. I got big. And when you get big and you’re still fighting like you’re a kid, you become an overbearing bully.

And I get this funny feeling that BB really doesn’t need another 48-year-old overbearing bully in his life. I think Pluto must be firmly sitting in his 4th house (let the reader understand). And where he can’t strike out in other places, he strikes out where he can—and I would, too.

I think it’s in the Gospel of Thomas where Jesus answered his disciples who asked, “How can we be good.” And Jesus said, “Don’t do what you hate.”

You have to be careful, BB. In taekwondo, when you spar, if you keep sparring the same person every class, you both end up identical in your sparring style. You keep fighting, and eventually you end up like the thing you’re fighting against. It rubs off on you, and you can’t get it off.

Not that you require my advice.
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: My Ode to Bucky Ball
This was just... weird.

I don't understand why you had to make a whole thread as an "ode to Buck Ball." Because this doesn't appear to be an "ode," but a public display of condescension, hidden behind cleverly placed not-so-colorful background on your part. (You seem to have read into psychology in your time on this Earth. It's also a bit of clever marketing techniques that I would employ in my sample business letters in college: "If you have bad news, share good news; Talk up the good side, but 'hide' the bad in between and then end with a positive...")

Whatever. I think this is rather creepy and unnecessary. I'm sure you'll not care (or, based on past disagreements, even acknowledge my opinion.) for why I think this thread is bull.

This is not an "ode" to anyone; You have entirely too much time on your hands and you seem to not feel as though you've gotten enough attention in this on-going feud between you two.

Also, I don't read charts or look at the stars to gain knowledge of people. I observe and listen and analyze. Your behavior in recent weeks is very telling of your true personality. It's making me concerned. Do you not know who you are anymore? You seem to be projecting and then twisting it around as though you are genuinely concerned for the other "young man."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Peanut's post
28-05-2013, 02:58 PM
What..... the ...... Fuck????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
28-05-2013, 03:06 PM
This is Egor posturing and attention-seeking. That is all. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-05-2013, 03:09 PM

(28-05-2013 03:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  This is Egor posturing and attention-seeking. That is all. Drinking Beverage

It's not, and why did you remove my photo of Bucky Ball? It's from this very forum! It's from another thread.
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 03:12 PM
(28-05-2013 03:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  This is Egor posturing and attention-seeking. That is all. Drinking Beverage

It's not, and why did you remove my photo of Bucky Ball? It's from this very forum! It's from another thread.
The picture was posted in another thread for a reason. It was meant to be in THAT thread. NOT to be used in another. It IS public, but one shouldn't use it for their own, strange purposes for all to see.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
28-05-2013, 03:12 PM
(28-05-2013 03:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  It's not, and why did you remove my photo of Bucky Ball? It's from this very forum! It's from another thread.

I removed the pic. Not because I think you've done anything wrong but because Bucky requested it and I feel members have the right to ask for pics of themselves to be removed from the forum.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 7 users Like Hughsie's post
28-05-2013, 03:13 PM
(28-05-2013 03:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  

The url to the image was not from the forum.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Seriously? What an odd post.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-05-2013, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 03:23 PM by Chas.)
(28-05-2013 03:13 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  It's not, and why did you remove my photo of Bucky Ball? It's from this very forum! It's from another thread.
The url to the image was not from the forum.

He hosted on his site; the image originally came from here.

However, since Egor does not hold the copyright to that photo ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post