My Ode to Bucky Ball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 03:23 PM

RE: My Ode to Bucky Ball
(28-05-2013 02:50 PM)Peanut Wrote:  This was just... weird.

I don't understand why you had to make a whole thread as an "ode to Buck Ball." Because this doesn't appear to be an "ode," but a public display of condescension, hidden behind cleverly placed not-so-colorful background on your part. (You seem to have read into psychology in your time on this Earth. It's also a bit of clever marketing techniques that I would employ in my sample business letters in college: "If you have bad news, share good news; Talk up the good side, but 'hide' the bad in between and then end with a positive...")

Uh...that just sounds like good communication to me. ...in fact, I think that pretty much defines good communication.

Quote:Whatever. I think this is rather creepy and unnecessary. I'm sure you'll not care (or, based on past disagreements, even acknowledge my opinion.) for why I think this thread is bull.

I don't even remember our disagreements. I thought the last time we spoke it was positive. Confused

Quote:This is not an "ode" to anyone; You have entirely too much time on your hands and you seem to not feel as though you've gotten enough attention in this on-going feud between you two.

And yet here you are giving me attention. What to do, huh?

Quote:Also, I don't read charts or look at the stars to gain knowledge of people. I observe and listen and analyze. Your behavior in recent weeks is very telling of your true personality. It's making me concerned.

Yeah, but in the weeks prior to the time I was very telling of my true personality, you were concerned then, too. I get the feeling you're always concerned. Rolleyes

Quote: Do you not know who you are anymore? You seem to be projecting and then twisting it around as though you are genuinely concerned for the other "young man."

After posting the OP, I took my dogs out and thought about Jason the whole time. I would love to do his astrological chart some time.

And you don't get the dynamic between he and I at all. Neither did I. It's like the lyrics from that REM song: "I was brain dead, locked out, numb, not up to speed."*

I don't think BB gets it either, maybe, but I doubt it. But it has to be what it has to be. And just as I have been heartfelt with you in the past in things I have said to you. I am exactly that way with him, too, in this post.

It's not attention-seeking on my part. I can't post without drawing attention. It's you all who give me a thousand + reads and 10 pages of comments. I'm just a man who likes to write in this forum. And let me dispell the mystery: Yeah, I want people to read what I write. Sue me. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

--------------------------

* From the song, "What's the Frequency Kenneth"
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 03:25 PM
(28-05-2013 03:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  He hosted on his site; the image originally came from here.

However, since Ego does not hold the copyright to that photo ...

Then he can sue or whatever, I didn't sign up to be Admin to preside over mock online legal proceedings about the technicalities of copyright laws applied to a site I have no authority over anyway.

Perhaps now is as good a time as any to point out that people should be aware of issues such as this before they post their lovely faces here for us all to scrutinise. There is literally nothing anyone can do to stop someone from saving themselves a copy of the image, for whatever purpose. Its pretty unlikely but it is possible. That's a risk you're taking if you post pics.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 03:26 PM

(28-05-2013 03:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I removed the pic. Not because I think you've done anything wrong but because Bucky requested it and I feel members have the right to ask for pics of themselves to be removed from the forum.

That's cool. I agree. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
28-05-2013, 03:27 PM
(28-05-2013 03:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  He hosted on his site; the image originally came from here.

However, since Ego does not hold the copyright to that photo ...

Then he can sue or whatever, I didn't sign up to be Admin to preside over mock online legal proceedings about the technicalities of copyright laws applied to a site I have no authority over anyway.

Perhaps now is as good a time as any to point out that people should be aware of issues such as this before they post their lovely faces here for us all to scrutinise. There is literally nothing anyone can do to stop someone from saving themselves a copy of the image, for whatever purpose. Its pretty unlikely but it is possible. That's a risk you're taking if you post pics.

Apparently, you didn't sign up to do much of anything. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2013, 03:28 PM

(28-05-2013 03:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:13 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The url to the image was not from the forum.

He hosted on his site; the image originally came from here.

However, since Egor does not hold the copyright to that photo ...

That's true, too. However, it would be a hard case to win given that the photo was taken from the same forum it was posted in and no money was involved.
28-05-2013, 03:31 PM

(28-05-2013 03:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Then he can sue or whatever, I didn't sign up to be Admin to preside over mock online legal proceedings about the technicalities of copyright laws applied to a site I have no authority over anyway.

That's true, you never know what someone might do with multiple copies of a photograph!

28-05-2013, 03:33 PM
(28-05-2013 03:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  That's true, you never know what someone might do with multiple copies of a photograph!

Haha, I love that movie (seriously, how hot is Mila Kunis)! Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-05-2013, 03:36 PM

(28-05-2013 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Apparently, you didn't sign up to do much of anything. Drinking Beverage

Hughsie's one of the best admins in this forum. I do what he asks, just because it's him asking it. He could have said, "Hey, Ed, can you remove that photo." GONE.

Why, because he's a leader. Listen to this word: He's "effectual" because he isn't terse.

You could learn something from him--if you were still capable of learning anything. Angry
28-05-2013, 03:39 PM
(28-05-2013 03:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Apparently, you didn't sign up to do much of anything. Drinking Beverage

Hughsie's one of the best admins in this forum. I do what he asks, just because it's him asking it. He could have said, "Hey, Ed, can you remove that photo." GONE.

Why, because he's a leader. Listen to this word: He's "effectual" because he isn't terse.

You could learn something from him--if you were still capable of learning anything. Angry

I'm not going to argue with you about your buddy Hughsie. You two can carry on. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2013, 03:43 PM
(28-05-2013 03:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 03:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  That's true, you never know what someone might do with multiple copies of a photograph!

Haha, I love that movie (seriously, how hot is Mila Kunis)! Big Grin

Definitely agreed.

[Image: mila-kunis-jgjY.jpg]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like yumeji's post