My Opinion of Teach the Controversy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2011, 12:19 PM
My Opinion of Teach the Controversy
In which I discuss "Teach the Controversy".

Please comment Smile

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 08:23 AM
RE: My Opinion of Teach the Controversy
Not half bad.

Your delivery could be more polished - and i'm sure, will become so, with practice. (I assume you'll make more videos. I can imagine them becoming quite popular among intelligent, thoughtful young people.) It might also help clarity - particularly for the North American audience, who have different accents, differently-tuned ears - if you slowed down and enunciated just that wee bit more. (Swearing optional; imho, superfluous.)

As to content, it's very much to the point. Indeed, teaching all aspects of scientific and religious accounts (I would prefer all the various religious accounts, including Druid and Navajo.) for the origin of Earth and life is the only way to lay this ridiculous 'controversy' to rest. But that was already happening: science class in public school; bible study in Sunday school - students free to choose, welcome to believe both simultaneously.
The fundies didn't create a controversy in order to serve truth; they did it in order to obfuscate fact; to subvert the entire educational system, the entire nation. They won't have fair and equal anything. They want us all back in the middle ages.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2011, 08:35 AM
(20-06-2011 08:23 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Not half bad.

Your delivery could be more polished - and i'm sure, will become so, with practice. (I assume you'll make more videos. I can imagine them becoming quite popular among intelligent, thoughtful young people.) It might also help clarity - particularly for the North American audience, who have different accents, differently-tuned ears - if you slowed down and enunciated just that wee bit more. (Swearing optional; imho, superfluous.)

As to content, it's very much to the point. Indeed, teaching all aspects of scientific and religious accounts (I would prefer all the various religious accounts, including Druid and Navajo.) for the origin of Earth and life is the only way to lay this ridiculous 'controversy' to rest. But that was already happening: science class in public school; bible study in Sunday school - students free to choose, welcome to believe both simultaneously.
The fundies didn't create a controversy in order to serve truth; they did it in order to obfuscate fact; to subvert the entire educational system, the entire nation. They won't have fair and equal anything. They want us all back in the middle ages.

Thank you very much for the complements and advice. Smile

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
20-06-2011, 05:15 PM
You get a positive rating from me for mentioning dolphins. Tongue

And for being quite cute. Wink

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
20-06-2011, 05:39 PM
(20-06-2011 05:15 PM)Paleo Wrote:  You get a positive rating from me for mentioning dolphins. Tongue

When did I mention dolphins? And uhhhh... thanks.

-DA
20-06-2011, 05:43 PM
(20-06-2011 05:39 PM)oliethefolie Wrote:  
(20-06-2011 05:15 PM)Paleo Wrote:  You get a positive rating from me for mentioning dolphins. Tongue

"dolphins with dinosaurs in the sediment"

That's what you said, right? o.o

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
20-06-2011, 05:49 PM
(20-06-2011 05:43 PM)Paleo Wrote:  
(20-06-2011 05:39 PM)oliethefolie Wrote:  

"dolphins with dinosaurs in the sediment"

That's what you said, right? o.o

Oh yeah. It wasn't in my script and I'm waaaay to lazy to check the video Tongue

-DA
20-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I sense a love connection... gross.
Nice video, make more. Become legendary, create your own forum, spread the word.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
20-06-2011, 08:45 PM
"putting all science on the table..." We do, and we still don't teach I.D.

[Image: devil.gif]

[Image: Teach-the-Controversy-Sex%5B1%5D.jpg]

[Image: TeachControversy.jpg]

[Image: rofl.jpg]

[Image: periodic.gif]

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
21-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Isn't the turtle thing from the discworld series?

-DA