My Oracle SQL Developer is Crashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Sad My Oracle SQL Developer is Crashing
Becuase I have too many queries running at once. This day is a freaking work disaster. Weeping

Uuuuuuugghh... Sadcryface2

Sorry, just thought you all should know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-03-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: My Oracle SQL Developer is Crashing
I'll alert the press......
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
10-03-2017, 11:43 AM
You reminded me of a memorable post from many years ago at a tech forum. One of my friends was in a thread about DB's and he came up with a comment that killed me, it went something along the lines of :
Developer rolls a 14, XX open queries, and deals the Database damage 40. tables are dropped.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
10-03-2017, 12:39 PM
(10-03-2017 11:43 AM)skyking Wrote:  You reminded me of a memorable post from many years ago at a tech forum. One of my friends was in a thread about DB's and he came up with a comment that killed me, it went something along the lines of :
Developer rolls a 14, XX open queries, and deals the Database damage 40. tables are dropped.

lol awesome Laugh out load
11-03-2017, 07:15 PM
[Image: exploits_of_a_mom.png]

I <3 xkcd.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Astreja's post
11-03-2017, 07:18 PM
omg little Bobby tables Laugh out load

xkcd is the absolute best Big Grin
13-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Sounds like someone needs to invest in new hardware. Is this one of those work places that like to run their routing and switching and server equipment at 90% capacity and get mad when they tip over? lol

Or is this just projects you work on from home?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
13-03-2017, 02:41 PM
(13-03-2017 01:22 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Sounds like someone needs to invest in new hardware. Is this one of those work places that like to run their routing and switching and server equipment at 90% capacity and get mad when they tip over? lol

Or is this just projects you work on from home?

We actually just got a hardware upgrade and our server is pretty powerful. However, SQL Developer is not the best development environment. And I had about 8 hefty queries running at the same time. Laugh out load
13-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Yikes! Good times....

SQL was one of my more favorite classes in college (database structure and design specifically, but we used SQL so that's the language I learned)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 01:44 PM
For a while SQL Developer leaked memory worse than the Trump administration leaks secrets. I could open it, run one query, walk away for a few hours and it would crash as soon as I came back and tried to do something else. You could check the memory it was using and literally watch it climb without ever touching the application. I just recently updated to 4.1.5.21.78 and it seems to be much better now.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post