My Oracle SQL Developer is Crashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: My Oracle SQL Developer is Crashing
(14-03-2017 01:44 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  For a while SQL Developer leaked memory worse than the Trump administration leaks secrets. I could open it, run one query, walk away for a few hours and it would crash as soon as I came back and tried to do something else. You could check the memory it was using and literally watch it climb without ever touching the application. I just recently updated to 4.1.5.21.78 and it seems to be much better now.

I'm using 4.1.3.20, and yeah- it's definitely leaky. Sadcryface2

Sometimes I can use it for weeks without having to restart it, but other times, it just says "Fuck it, and fuck you, I don't feel like working anymore".

Ugh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2017, 04:18 PM
(14-03-2017 01:52 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:44 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  For a while SQL Developer leaked memory worse than the Trump administration leaks secrets. I could open it, run one query, walk away for a few hours and it would crash as soon as I came back and tried to do something else. You could check the memory it was using and literally watch it climb without ever touching the application. I just recently updated to 4.1.5.21.78 and it seems to be much better now.

I'm using 4.1.3.20, and yeah- it's definitely leaky. Sadcryface2

Sometimes I can use it for weeks without having to restart it, but other times, it just says "Fuck it, and fuck you, I don't feel like working anymore".

Ugh.

I run mySQL 6.3 CE here for a few projects I work on.... Wish I had a nice laptop so I could separate my work from my gaming space and resources are limited for my poor PC (It's a beast but the HD is almost full)

I7 4 core running at 4.2Ghz, 16 gig ram, 3tb hd, GTX980 card custom paint job by me and all the parts were carefully selected to avoid bottlenecks (picking a nice MOBO is a pain sometimes). I'm quite proud of it, built it in college.

I got some pictures I can dig out for you sometime if you wanna see.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 04:22 PM
another mysql guy here, linux webserver suite type stuff for many years.
One of my monster apps called for postgresql, so I learned what I had to of that.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-03-2017, 07:32 AM
(14-03-2017 04:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I run mySQL 6.3 CE here for a few projects I work on.... Wish I had a nice laptop so I could separate my work from my gaming space and resources are limited for my poor PC (It's a beast but the HD is almost full)

I7 4 core running at 4.2Ghz, 16 gig ram, 3tb hd, GTX980 card custom paint job by me and all the parts were carefully selected to avoid bottlenecks (picking a nice MOBO is a pain sometimes). I'm quite proud of it, built it in college.

Nice. I don't have anything amazing for either gaming or work, really. Most of my work is done through remote desktop into the company production server. I don't have a dev environment since I mostly run queries- ETL and reporting type production work.

(14-03-2017 04:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I got some pictures I can dig out for you sometime if you wanna see.

Hopefully of your computer? Blink If so, yes. Laugh out load
15-03-2017, 07:37 AM
(14-03-2017 04:22 PM)skyking Wrote:  another mysql guy here, linux webserver suite type stuff for many years.
One of my monster apps called for postgresql, so I learned what I had to of that.

I learned SQL by using MS SQL Server and by taking a free Stanford class about 5 years ago. Most of what I know, though, I learned on the job- either by getting help from a coworker or by trying to solve a problem myself and using the goggle. Smartass

I work in the data industry- so databases, tables, spreadsheets, files... data is my passion. Girl_nails
15-03-2017, 07:41 AM
(14-03-2017 04:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:52 PM)Emma Wrote:  I'm using 4.1.3.20, and yeah- it's definitely leaky. Sadcryface2

Ugh.

I run mySQL 6.3 CE here for a few projects I work on.... Wish I had a nice laptop so I could separate my work from my gaming space and resources are limited for my poor PC (It's a beast but the HD is almost full)

I got some pictures I can dig out for you sometime if you wanna see.

Post the pictures when you can! Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
15-03-2017, 07:46 AM
(15-03-2017 07:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 04:22 PM)skyking Wrote:  another mysql guy here, linux webserver suite type stuff for many years.

I learned SQL by using MS SQL Server and by taking a free Stanford class about 5 years ago. Most of what I know, though, I learned on the job- either by getting help from a coworker or by trying to solve a problem myself and using the goggle. Smartass

I work in the data industry- so databases, tables, spreadsheets, files... data is my passion. Girl_nails

I'm from the same school of hard knocks about the head and neck Tongue
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-03-2017, 10:30 AM
(15-03-2017 07:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  

Lol yes of my computer. I also likely have hundreds of pictures of my cat and dog to. I'm rarely in the other side of the camera myself. I'll dig them up sometime today (my folder of pictures is huge so it'll take a bit to find them, I feel like I take a few dozen pictures ever day. Bad habit I guess).

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-03-2017, 07:54 PM
(15-03-2017 07:32 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 04:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I run mySQL 6.3 CE here for a few projects I work on.... Wish I had a nice laptop so I could separate my work from my gaming space and resources are limited for my poor PC (It's a beast but the HD is almost full)

Nice. I don't have anything amazing for either gaming or work, really. Most of my work is done through remote desktop into the company production server. I don't have a dev environment since I mostly run queries- ETL and reporting type production work.

(14-03-2017 04:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I got some pictures I can dig out for you sometime if you wanna see.

This was before I came back from Texas, but its the same computer (just.... I miss my pretty comfy apartment)

[Image: h4AV41w.jpg]

Big Grin
16-03-2017, 07:14 AM
(15-03-2017 07:54 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 07:32 AM)Emma Wrote:  Nice. I don't have anything amazing for either gaming or work, really. Most of my work is done through remote desktop into the company production server. I don't have a dev environment since I mostly run queries- ETL and reporting type production work.

This was before I came back from Texas, but its the same computer (just.... I miss my pretty comfy apartment)

[Image: h4AV41w.jpg]

Wow that looks like a really nice gaming setup! Ohmy

Maybe we need to make a battlestations thread lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post