My Ordination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 10:50 AM

RE: My Ordination
(29-01-2013 10:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:58 AM)Egor Wrote:  You don't say. Drinking Beverage

I do say. An actual ordained minister would know this. If you're going to pretend to be one, at least make the pretense authentic. Consider

My ordination paperwork states it as ive stated it. So...
And you can call it a pretense. I just felt the need to make a public announcement. Pretense is as pretense does.
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 10:56 AM

(29-01-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm super stoked when friends complete projects and do things that make them happy. Job well done.

Are you nervous at all about orchestrating a wedding or a funeral? That would have me up nights.

No. Im pretty good with public speaking. But i dont think anyones going to be wanting a veridican wedding any time soon.
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 10:57 AM
On July 5th 2012, I was officially ordained as a minister of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude. In some states I can even perform religious ceremonies like weddings, legally.

My qualifications are
my screenname here, I am a Dude.
B.S. : My bullshit degree
M.S.: My master bullshitter degree
PhD: Currently piling it higher and deeper

[attachment=1058]

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-01-2013, 11:01 AM
(29-01-2013 10:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  I do say. An actual ordained minister would know this. If you're going to pretend to be one, at least make the pretense authentic. Consider
I just felt the need to make a public announcement.
On an atheist-oriented forum.

My very first thought, upon reading your OP, was to look for a gif featuring somebody eagerly rubbing somebody else's nose in something. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
29-01-2013, 11:16 AM
As a Notary in SC I performed (legally) two weddings and I didn't get no stinking title.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
29-01-2013, 11:21 AM
(29-01-2013 11:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  I just felt the need to make a public announcement.
On an atheist-oriented forum.

My very first thought, upon reading your OP, was to look for a gif featuring somebody eagerly rubbing somebody else's nose in something. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one.
I don't think that's his intent.

It's like when I posted that I could/couldn't teach on Sundays.

It didn't have anything to do with what it was, but because we're members of the forum and this community, and because it was something important to him/me, it was a type of "sharing" of what is going on in his/my life.

He's excited about this because it's a goal of his, and I think he's just sharing with a community he feels that he's a part of... just like I did.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
29-01-2013, 11:23 AM
(29-01-2013 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 11:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  On an atheist-oriented forum.

I don't think that's his intent.

It's like when I posted that I could/couldn't teach on Sundays.

It didn't have anything to do with what it was, but because we're members of the forum and this community, and because it was something important to him/me, it was a type of "sharing" of what is going on in his/my life.

He's excited about this because it's a goal of his, and I think he's just sharing with a community he feels that he's a part of... just like I did.

That's a possibility. Then again, he ensured everyone that he'd be doing his best to nourish the faithful.

If this was not intentional defiance, then he certainly should have known better.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
29-01-2013, 12:06 PM
What a bunch of utter crap. Bishops were/are elected by their congregations, AFTER being legitimately called, and funtioning, and proving themselves.
Your self-promotion, and self-appointment is disgusting, arrogant and makes you look like a fool, MR. Gordon. What among your listed degrees QUALIFIES you for anything of this sort ?

BTW, mods, so this is what TTA has come to ? Crazy people and this sort of crap ?
Been nice folks, but looks like it's time for me to take my leave also.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
29-01-2013, 12:23 PM
(29-01-2013 12:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, mods, so this is what TTA has come to ? Crazy people and this sort of crap ?
You're been around long enough and are smart enough to know the answer to this.

Nothing has changed.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
29-01-2013, 12:28 PM
(29-01-2013 12:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a bunch of utter crap. Bishops were/are elected by their congregations, AFTER being legitimately called, and funtioning, and proving themselves.
Your self-promotion, and self-appointment is disgusting, arrogant and makes you look like a fool, MR. Gordon. What among your listed degrees QUALIFIES you for anything of this sort ?

BTW, mods, so this is what TTA has come to ? Crazy people and this sort of crap ?

This, too, shall pass.

Chillax. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]