My Ordination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: My Ordination
I have been here nearly a year and have seen so many different Ego®s that I can't even remember them all...no praise for someone who just a couple weeks ago was calling us idiots again. I said then I would just wait the change was sure to be coming soon...and here it is.
He has a piece of $45.00 paper...within a month he'll be calling us everything but our names again.
I have watched this for a year...he still can't pick a freaking side and stick with it.
Smoke and mirrors and a smattering of bullshit.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-01-2013, 03:32 PM
(29-01-2013 03:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Y'all just don't understand.

The Egor a ~year ago isn't like the Egor today. Sure, he's still a little harsh and rough...
I'd hate to see what you consider very harsh and rough. Or even somewhat harsh and rough. Maybe if he started visiting people's houses with a hatchet, trying to teach us about god's love?

And "we all" understand just fine. Or are you the only here who sees the truth and we... oh, wait. Never mind.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
29-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Because he's now got a fancy card that proves he's sworn to poison the minds of others? Positive change or not (and really, I don't know the guy, so I can't speak to that end), I'd say there's still a little to be apprehensive about.

But, that aside, I just thought it was funny that you're just short of washing the guy's feet over here. Little overboard with the "praise".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
29-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss egor.
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
29-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah KC, are you hormonal? You are over-the top with this.
I can only hope your account has been hacked.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-01-2013, 03:38 PM
(29-01-2013 03:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah KC, are you hormonal? You are over-the top with this.
I can only hope your account has been hacked.

It's the pregnancy! His lady-juices are all out of whack!

Next he'll be crying into a bowl of Ben & Jerry's.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
29-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Damn it, I forgot about the pregnancy.

29-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Nope.

Ed and I used to not get along.

I changed my attitude towards him, and he changed his towards me.

Sometimes you have to change the status quo... and then, it changes around you.

Regardless if people are malicious towards me, I still try and practice empathy towards their situation.

Ed and I's theology and beliefs are vastly different, but I still offer support for doing something that positively affects yourself or someone else. I support what Seth does. He positively affects atheists. I don't agree with it, but I still support that attitude. In fact, a lot of what Seth says is pretty offensive towards me, but I don't hold that against him. That is per his belief.

Ed needs to work on how to treats people. He knows this. He's working on it.

Offering praise is a much more effective form of change and retaliation or insults.

/shrug

Think whatever you want to think. This is just the way I see things.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-01-2013, 04:04 PM
(29-01-2013 01:15 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:58 AM)Egor Wrote:  You don't say. Drinking Beverage

reverend |ˈrev(ə)rənd; ˈrevərnd|
adjective (usu. Reverend)
used as a title or form of address to members of the clergy : the Reverend Jesse Jackson

Reverend is used for members of the clergy; the traditionally correct form of address is : the Reverend James Smith or : the Reverend J. Smith, rather than : Reverend Smith or simply : Reverend.

In American usage, however, the article : the is commonly not used, even by the devout and reverent. Careful speakers and writers, however, may choose to include the the, in deference to the formerly common and primary use of reverend as an adjective ('worthy of being revered, respected').

Congrats for getting what you want. Shy

What crappy modern American dictionary did that come from? Blink

Quote:In traditional and formal English usage, both British and American, it is still considered incorrect to drop the definite article, the, before Reverend. When the style is used within a sentence, the begins with a lower-case letter. Common abbreviations for Reverend are Rev., Revd, and Rev'd. Except in formal situations, it is common in American usage not to use the when Reverend is used as a title or form of address (i.e., before a name).

The Reverend is traditionally used as an adjectival form with first names (or initials) and surname (e.g. The Reverend John Smith or The Reverend J.F. Smith); The Reverend Father Smith or The Reverend Mr Smith are correct though now old-fashioned uses. Use of the prefix with the surname alone (The Reverend Smith) is considered a solecism in traditional usage: it would be as irregular as calling the person in question "The Well-Respected Smith". In some countries, especially Britain, Anglican clergy are acceptably addressed by the title of their office, such as Vicar, Rector, or Archdeacon.

In the 20th and 21st centuries it has been increasingly common for reverend to be used as a noun and for clergy to be referred to as being either a reverend or the reverend (I talked to the reverend about the wedding service.) or to be addressed as Reverend or, for example, Reverend Smith or the Reverend Smith. This has traditionally been considered grammatically incorrect on the basis that it is equivalent to referring to a judge as being an honorable or an adult man as being a mister.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-01-2013, 04:27 PM
The last two pages' responses are hilarious. My face hurts from all the laughter. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post