My Ordination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 11:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: My Ordination
(29-01-2013 11:23 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Sorry to say this, but I think quite a bit of you are overreacting.

Honestly, why get so worked up over this? He's ordained and made an announcement on an Atheistic forum... whoopty doo. He might have paid $45 to get ordained... wowzas!

Seriously, leave the dude alone. Who else are we going to debate around here? ...

Fair enough. ... Dude's fucking credentials still suck.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 11:39 PM
(29-01-2013 11:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 11:23 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Sorry to say this, but I think quite a bit of you are overreacting.

Honestly, why get so worked up over this? He's ordained and made an announcement on an Atheistic forum... whoopty doo. He might have paid $45 to get ordained... wowzas!

Seriously, leave the dude alone. Who else are we going to debate around here? ...

Fair enough. ... Dude's credentials still suck.
I would highly recommend that all of us (new) bishops be required to go out and get
an S.T.D. Tongue as many, if not most of the Roman Catholic bishops have them, (those that don't probably HAD one).
If you think it sounds like "too much fun" for us clerics, it's not really a sexually transmitted disease, (well maybe it IS ???)
It's a Doctorate in Sacred Theology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Sacred_Theology
BTW, bishops are not "ordained". Bishops are elected, and/or consecrated. Sheesh. What is the world coming to. A bishop should have to take a "kiss my ring" test of some kind and know how to move on up. We will be holding come sort of council this coming year to discuss the matter, and maybe GET an STD, if things work out.
It will be the First Ecumenical Council of Las Vagas, and historians will refer to it as the Council on the Strip.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

29-01-2013, 11:44 PM

Seriously, leave the dude alone. Who else are we going to debate around here? KC is boring (no offense) because he basically agrees with everything we say, yet not exactly everything we say.

Slim theist pickings around here. I hope the ones here all get ordained. Go quit your sex lives for God for all I care. Just give me some material to debate you with dammit.

The material is on its way.

As for why everyone is so worked up: It's because they can't have it. There is no religious order or calling for atheists. There is no "being on God's side" when you disbelieve in God. And I think also they sense where this is heading. It will be a monster, and it will leave atheists looking like something people just don't want.

That's my take. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
29-01-2013, 11:47 PM
(29-01-2013 11:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Seriously, leave the dude alone. Who else are we going to debate around here? KC is boring (no offense) because he basically agrees with everything we say, yet not exactly everything we say.

Slim theist pickings around here. I hope the ones here all get ordained. Go quit your sex lives for God for all I care. Just give me some material to debate you with dammit.

As for why everyone is so worked up: It's because they can't have it. There is no religious order or calling for atheists. There is no "being on God's side" when you disbelieve in God. And I think also they sense where this is heading. It will be a monster, and it will leave atheists looking like something people just don't want.

Take 137....annnnnnnnd cut.

[Image: giphy.gif]
30-01-2013, 12:01 AM
(29-01-2013 11:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  The material is on its way.

Oooh, I can't wait.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
30-01-2013, 06:48 AM
(29-01-2013 11:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  There is no "being on God's side" when you disbelieve in God.

[Image: You_Dont_Say]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 10:59 AM
(29-01-2013 11:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Wow, that was so inspiring dude. I got suddenly got this overwhelming sense of duty... a duty to serve... *farts*

Oh wait, it was just gas. Shy

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
30-01-2013, 12:02 PM

And that's why we're debating him, rather than leaving him alone. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 12:07 PM
(29-01-2013 05:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  You see that, K.C.? You think the atheists have respect for you, but they don't. They think they have you under their thumb, and they give you rep points to keep you there. You think you're like Jesus hanging out with sinners, but don't forget Jesus spoke the truth to the sinners.

I don't know if that's it. You invoke some pretty raw emotions in people, so when anyone defends you, people are aggravated or don't understand why.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I was unaware until now of the American Fellowship Church, but I'm quite familiar with the very similar Universal Life Church. Since the ULC has been around since 1959 while the AFC was founded in 1975, the direction of cloning is apparent. One difference is that the ULC has free ordination. The AFC, as Anjele has pointed out, charges you $45.

The main point of these organizations, which is abundantly clear from their web sites, is that they allow friends to marry--in the sense of "perform a wedding ceremony for"--other friends. If you'd like a friend to be able to "solemnize your marriage" legally (for example, in accordance with U.S. state law), you ask them to join the ULC, they get their ordination in the mail, and they can do it. (It's legal in most states, although the laws vary.)

I have two friends who are ULC ministers. One of them performed our same-sex marriage ceremony in California in 2008. It was fun. We wrote the ceremony ourselves, he officiated beautifully . . . and there wasn't a single prayer or mention of God. Smile

I haven't seen a list of famous ministers of the AFC, but there are some interesting names in the list of ordained ULC ministers: Tony Danza, Hugh Hefner, Wolfman Jack, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Conan O'Brien, John Waters, Mae West . . .

Congratulations to Egor.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post