My Ordination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Exclamation My Ordination
Declaration:

On January 27, 2013, I was legally ordained by Bishop T.H. Swenson of the American Fellowship Church to perform all functions of the ministry including the solemnization of marriages.

My title under this ordination is Reverend Edward J. Gordon.

I fully understand that anyone willing to abide by the code of ethics of the American Fellowship Church may be ordained by them, however, they are the only religious body that can ordain me since the First Veridican Church has no governing council at this time.

Having said that, I truly believe the Code of Ethics put out by the American Fellowship Church, and consider myself a willing, enthusiastic member of their organization.

I fully realize that I have not been to a religious seminary school at this time because the Veridican Church does not have a seminary school at this time. However, I will be creating one, and the creation of that will provide the basis of my ordination in the Veridican Church.

My current educational qualifications are as follows:

B.Sc. in Liberal Arts (psychology/sociology) from Regents College, NY, 1998
A.ASc. in Nursing from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, 2004
A.A. Liberal Arts, City Colleges of Chicago
A.ASc. Aircraft Systems, Community College of the Air Force 1989

My oath to you:

As a Chaplain in the First Veridican Church, I will faithfully provide spiritual counsel to whomever asks, and I will do so by the power of the Holy Spirit to the best of my ability.

I will live my life in a manner consistent with the Articles of Faith of the Veridican Church, and I will encourage all others to do the same.

I will keep confidential any information given to me by any persons who seek my spiritual guidance and advice to the extent I am allowed by law.

I will well and faithfully discharge all my duties as a minister of the Gospel, a Reverend of the Church, and a Chaplain of the First Veridican Church, so help me God.

This then is my public statement of ordination.

//signed//
Rev. Edward J. Gordon
First Veridican Church
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
29-01-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: My Ordination
Grats Ed.

How does it feel?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 09:40 AM
(29-01-2013 09:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  Declaration:

On January 27, 2013, I was legally ordained by Bishop T.H. Swenson of the American Fellowship Church to perform all functions of the ministry including the solemnization of marriages.

I fully understand that anyone willing to abide by the code of ethics of the American Fellowship Church may be ordained by them, however, they are the only religious body that can ordain me since the First Veridican Church has no governing council at this time.

Having said that, I truly believe the Code of Ethics put out by the American Fellowship Church, and consider myself a willing, enthusiastic member of their organization.

I fully realize that I have not been to a religious seminary school at this time because the Veridican Church does not have a seminary school at this time. However, I will be creating one, and the creation of that will provide the basis of my ordination in the Veridican Church.

My oath to you:

As a Chaplain in the First Veridican Church, I will faithfully provide spiritual counsel to whomever asks, and I will do so by the power of the Holy Spirit to the best of my ability.

I will live my life in a manner consistent with the Articles of Faith of the Veridican Church, and I will encourage all others to do the same.

I will keep confidential any information given to me by any persons who seek my spiritual guidance and advice to the extent I am allowed by law.

I will well and faithfully discharge all my duties as a minister of the Gospel, a Reverend of the Church, and a Chaplain of the First Veridican Church, so help me God.

//signed//
Rev. Edward J. Gordon
First Veridican Church

I am an ordained minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And your title is more properly The Reverend Mr. Edward J. Gordon.
"Reverend" is not a title but an honorific style, that is an adjective not a noun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2013, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 10:02 AM by kingschosen.)

My oath to you:

//signed//
Rev. Edward J. Gordon
First Veridican Church
Congratulations Edward. I wish you well and pray that the Lord will use you to His advantage to save many souls. I dont know what kind of Cristian church yours is but will stduy to find out.
29-01-2013, 09:47 AM
(29-01-2013 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  

My oath to you:

//signed//
Rev. Edward J. Gordon
First Veridican Church

I am an ordained minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"Reverend" is not a title but an honorific style, that is an adjective not a noun.
Chas, do you serve grated parmisan cheese and Dago red wine at your communion service?
29-01-2013, 09:48 AM

Thanks K.C.,

Honestly it feels like I now have a public responsibility that before was only private. I had to do this in order to marry and bury in Louisianna, so there it is.

I am working my butt off trying to build the infrastructure of The First Veridican Church, and until it's done, I will not promote it or the Veridican forum outside of TTA. Ordination was one the parts of building that infrastructure.

So, please do not think that I have disappeard or given up. In about a month I'm coming out all guns blazing!
29-01-2013, 09:52 AM
(29-01-2013 09:48 AM)Egor Wrote:  Thanks K.C.,

Honestly it feels like I now have a public responsibility that before was only private. I had to do this in order to marry and bury in Louisianna, so there it is.

I am working my butt off trying to build the infrastructure of The First Veridican Church, and until it's done, I will not promote it or the Veridican forum outside of TTA. Ordination was one the parts of building that infrastructure.

So, please do not think that I have disappeard or given up. In about a month I'm coming out all guns blazing!
No problem.

I'm super stoked when friends complete projects and do things that make them happy. Job well done.

Are you nervous at all about orchestrating a wedding or a funeral? That would have me up nights.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
29-01-2013, 09:58 AM

(29-01-2013 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am an ordained minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You don't say. Drinking Beverage

(29-01-2013 09:45 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Congratulations Edward. I wish you well and pray that the Lord will use you to His advantage to save many souls. I dont know what kind of Cristian church yours is but will stduy to find out.

Thank you very much, Richard. I will do my best to live out the Gospel of Christ.
29-01-2013, 10:10 AM
(29-01-2013 09:58 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am an ordained minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You don't say. Drinking Beverage

I do say. An actual ordained minister would know this. If you're going to pretend to be one, at least make the pretense authentic. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-01-2013, 10:24 AM
An ordained minister coming out with all guns blazing...yep, that's what we need.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post