My Pawpaw died this morning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: My Pawpaw died this morning.
I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear that GT.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm not much of a griever either. But I have learned at least one thing during my lifetime. I have a family full of terrible genetics and we are tremendously prone to bad health. We drop like flies. The first person I ever knew in my family to die was my dad. I was too young to really know what was going on, and unfortunately too young to remember much about him. When more people started dropping I figured out that the part of my dad dying that bugged me the most, was not having any real memories of him. Usually when someone dies you can look back on your memories of them whenever you miss them.

Do that. Remember your pawpaw. It's the most important thing to do when someone dies.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
11-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Sorry for your loss GT. Everyone grieves in their own way... everything from simple, loving remembrance to full on celebration -it's all good. A life remembered by others is not completely lost, just more fully loved. Thumbsup
You are indeed privileged to have known, loved, and been loved by such a generous man. Your Pawpaw served his fellow human beings for many years -he will be very missed by many.
Heart Keep yourself and your family well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Sorry man. Hope you're doin alright.
(10-07-2012 07:51 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Cheers to a great man. He was a Korea war vet and retired from the Baton Rouge school system. He was a teacher and principal for nearly 30 years. This was probably the most emotional I've been over the death of anyone. I don't grieve but it was upsetting to lose such a great guy. He was just short of 81 and died of old age. Over the last several months he's had trouble getting O2 to his brain and eventually his blood pressure got too low to get blood to his lower body. After 3 days of fighting he finally passed.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
12-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear that, dude.

I may be facing that road soon as well.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]