My Philosophy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 02:02 PM
My Philosophy
Over the past few years, I have created my philosophy of life, a 14-page document that may be found at the following link:

http://philosofer123.wordpress.com

I do my best to live my philosophy, and I have found the entire exercise to be personally very beneficial.

My philosophy is a living document, and I welcome any feedback (criticisms, counterarguments, enhancements, or otherwise) that you may have. In fact, the primary purpose of this post is to solicit feedback so that the document may be improved.

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2014, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2014 08:09 PM by Ray Butler.)
RE: My Philosophy
I don't think philosophy begins at the question of God; philosophers created God to help the powerful inspire action in the people, people who generally were not philosophically willing and/or capable.

Faith and belief is based on an existential crisis; people seek to come to terms with the cause/effect dynamics of reality, the perceived cruelty of nature and other human beings tends to drive more people toward a religion than away from it, what drives people away from religion is the assholes that flock to it, maybe because narcissists know that religion is an effective means to power because philosophically incapable people flock to it. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply