My Prediction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: My Prediction
Just to catch up to the history of the name "god particle". They called it that becuase it would prove that mass could be explained and the theory was contraversal because it basically disproved the need for a god. It's a sarcastic term.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 12:55 PM
They can say whatever the fuck they want. That doesn't change the truth. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
10-07-2012, 01:08 PM
(10-07-2012 12:32 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Just to catch up to the history of the name "god particle". They called it that becuase it would prove that mass could be explained and the theory was contraversal because it basically disproved the need for a god. It's a sarcastic term.
It's an ironic term.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
(10-07-2012 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 12:32 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Just to catch up to the history of the name "god particle". They called it that becuase it would prove that mass could be explained and the theory was contraversal because it basically disproved the need for a god. It's a sarcastic term.
It's an ironic term.
Unfortunatly the irony is wasted on the intended target, but we can still have a laugh.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
(10-07-2012 07:52 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Unfortunatly the irony is wasted on the intended target, but we can still have a laugh.

I bet you didn't know there is a Zoological angle to all this. My cousins up in Wisconsin will now have to start looking for the Hoggs bison. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
(10-07-2012 07:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 07:52 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Unfortunatly the irony is wasted on the intended target, but we can still have a laugh.

I bet you didn't know there is a Zoological angle to all this. My cousins up in Wisconsin will now have to start looking for the Hoggs bison. Weeping
Those crazy geneticists!
12-07-2012, 06:05 AM
(10-07-2012 10:09 PM)ibanezerscrooge Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 07:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I bet you didn't know there is a Zoological angle to all this. My cousins up in Wisconsin will now have to start looking for the Hoggs bison. Weeping
Those crazy geneticists!
Wisconsin is the only state that you drive north to go south.

12-07-2012, 07:51 AM
(12-07-2012 06:05 AM)Thomas Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 10:09 PM)ibanezerscrooge Wrote:  Those crazy geneticists!
Wisconsin is the only state that you drive north to go south.
Nope. In Massachusetts, I-95 North and Rte. 128 South are the same road.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
(10-07-2012 07:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Now I'm just fuckin' hungry. Drooling

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.